Sharing Trails

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by littlewave, Mar 28, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU, @littlewave. Inspiring, and a really nice production.

Sounds like civic pride gone amok. Where is the civic pride in SoCal? (Beyond Red Hot Chili Peppers.) Every time I visit CO it makes me wonder how things in SoCal could be as lame as they are. Cutting edge my ass. And I don’t mean to disparage my own home, but by comparison it seems kind of lame…and I rarely ride San Diego Co.! :unsure:

CO and Durango FTW. I'll be back, pronto.

3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    That is awesome, wish we had that type of stuff here.

mike and SnakeCharmer like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Bye, Guys... I'm heading north.

Durango Trails from the Trails 2000 website
    durango.jpg

littlewave, Fueledbyex8, mike and 5 others like this.
  5. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    I just added Durango to the list of places to consider when we get out of CA.

Fueledbyex8, mike, littlewave and 4 others like this.
  6. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Glad to see Durango Colorado has multi trail use for all, that's the result of people working together and having respect for one another. I'm assuming mtn. bkrs. know not to be hauling ass down hill where they might run into hikers? I know the video mentioned they are building more technical trails for bikes which you prob. won't see to many hikers on. That is one of many problems here in socal" that restricts us from riding certain trails, like the closure of the trailhead in Turnbull " off Orange Grove ave. for the Puma trail! somebody gets hurt by a speeding mtn. biker and it affects the rest of us who are cautious when riding populated trail systems now the trailhead is closed. We live in a big city so the problem here is much bigger, but still possible! for everybody to use the same trails.

mike, Danmtchl, SnakeCharmer and 3 others like this.
  7. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I was in Colorado a few years ago and everyplace I went seemed to call themselves the mountain bike capitol of the State! I didn't have my bike so I couldn't sample the goods, but I did help paint my brother's newly bought Victorian in Georgetown, outside of Denver. Durango definitely looked like a good place to live, but so did everywhere else.

I checked their population and it was in the 18,000 range. OC by comparison is @ 3,000,000 and LA county is @ ten million. So more pressure on our trails, and we seem to be doing remarkably well at sharing them. I like that lots of them are steep, too.

mike, littlewave, Fueledbyex8 and 6 others like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Well kids, let me tell you all about it (prepare for name dropping and tall tales)...

I lived in D'rano CO from Sept 1981 to Nov. 1986 and again in the summer of 1988. I grajacated from Ft. Lewis Colledge.

In my freshman year, there was this blond dude with glasses in my dorm who raced motocross. His name was Greg. I owned a road bike then - a bitchin' Miyata that I never rode. Two of my ski racing buddies bought some new-fangled "mt. bikes" but I figured I never rode my road bike, why would I get a mt bike?

One of my ski racing friends met up with a dude for a road ride starting from my house - the dude was a guy with a bushy mustache and a mole, I think his name was End Overend. I never understood their desire to ride bikes in their underwear. A couple years later, I served that same dude dinner when I was waiting tables at the Red Snapper in D'rano. I was told he was a mt. bike champion. Who knew?

After I grajacated, I was an assistant coach for the FLC ski team (85-86). At that time there was this dude named Dave Weins who was attempting to be a ski racer. He showed some pretty good potential, actually. However, he returned to Gunnison after about a year in D'rano. I think he started riding mt. bikes or something.

When I returned to visit my buddy in about 1990, I too had purchased a mt. bicycle and was just getting into the sport. My buddy that I was visiting had another friend that would drop by occasionally. A John Tarmac or something like that. Seems he liked those mt. bicycles too.

99.87% of the above is actually true. Durango has turned out to be quite the mtb paradise since - or maybe because of - those days.

mike, Cornholio, BeckTrex and 10 others like this.
  9. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    isn't that a lil more east than North of here?

10. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Which part of the remaining .13% is untrue?

mike, MattB and Danmtchl like this.
  11. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    mike and Danmtchl like this.
  12. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    But if you only go east, you'll end up in South Carolina! :p

13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I may have spelled some names wrong....

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    You wouldn't like it. All the trails are too short without enough climbing. Well, except Kennebec Pass and the Colorado Trail.

Danmtchl, mike, Cornholio and 4 others like this.
  15. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
  16. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    herzalot, Faust29, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  17. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    There are nuts in every state, but point taken: Get ready to whip some ass when encountering other users.

JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?