Set of Avid Elixir CRs...free

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by El Immigrante, Aug 12, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. 180/160 new rotors with one ride only.

Pick up in Santa Clarita.

PM to schedule pickup.

2. Neccros

Neccros Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Brian Froeber
    I know these are gone but curious how these are as brakes in general??? PM me if you dont want to reply here...

3. Rob S.

Rob S. Member

Name:
    Rob Skinner
    I think the Elixir CR's are a good brake at a good price. I run two sets, one is about three years old, the other about five. I thought the stock rotors created too much noise, so I run Alligators on both bikes. Setting them up is a bit of a chore with the silly alignment system, but if you're patient, you can make it nice. For comparison, I sometimes work on a friend's bike that sports old XT's. Those brakes aren't as powerful, but they ALWAYS work. They never need anything. Another friend's bike that I work on runs Formulas. Those are powerful and have great modulation, but they CAN NOT be perfectly aligned on her bike and wheels. For the money, I would expect them to be better. Among those three, the Elixir CR's are my favorite.

4. Neccros

Name:
    Brian Froeber
    So did you give the brakes away or just the rotors???

5. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Neccros,
    I got a set and they are yours if you want them, you just gotta figure out a way to get them. Only got one rotor though. Came stock on my Ibis in 2010 and when they worked they were awesome! I just found they needed too much maintenance for me, they seemed to need to be bled a lot. A common problem from what I was told.
    Got a set of Ice Techs last year and they are better than the Elixers in my opinion. When the Elixers were on they were hard to beat though.
    Shoot me a pm if your interested. I’m in the Crescenta Valley area.

6. Neccros

Name:
    Brian Froeber
    PM sent

7. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Backatcha Bro

Edit: Enjoy them Brian!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?