Schley and Simmons on PG

Discussion in 'Videos' started by tbarnesarc, Sep 20, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Faust29, DangerDirtyD and herzalot like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @tbarnesarc them 6 years make a big difference! And Richie is no Claudio when it comes to trail narration.

I do have an IXS helmet, so I can totally relate to those two dudes crawling down PGs!

Very cool video nonetheless. Thanks for posting, and for giving me shi!

Faust29 likes this.
  3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    richies older than you taylor, you first ! :)
    Great vids but yeah, i couldve done without the narration
    those trails are way above my pay grade, and i dont want a raise!

Faust29, kioti and herzalot like this.
  4. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    hahaha! Anytime @herzalot That's what friends are for...:p

Whatever cat bite victim @sir crashalot haha! Valid point though!

And I agree with Pherz and Gary about the narration from him at least. Wade's commentary was pretty funny though. They should rename that trail to "a whole lotta NOPE". I've been on it many times and it's ridiculous.

Faust29, sir crashalot and herzalot like this.
  5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Disappointed in the 540 video quality....especially from Redbull.

6. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    @mtnbikej Thought the same thing. My guess is Richie didn't set the gopros up correctly. He and Wade are very nice people but Richie (self admittedly) isn't very tech savoy. :rolleyes:

7. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    Best trail out there...

8. CalEpic

CalEpic Member

Name:
    Craig
    The days of the go-pro cameras we're living in makes keeping social trails off the internet nearly impossible. No use fighting it anymore, that war is lost. Fun trail but as always the camera flattens those steeps out. I've been over the side on the CB roller more than once and somehow managed to escape a serious fall but I'm done tempting fate and leave this one for the kids. Shitty - have you timed one of your runs down?

9. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Meh, Gopro's haven't really changed anything and that trail has been filmed without a gopro a crap load of times by professional film crews and put on PB and Vital. That's going to get more attention than some random guy with a gopro going down trails. Obviously this video is a bit different because Redbull paid Richie to do a series of them.

If you want to blame secret trails being exposed I would point the finger at Strava because that site could actually do far more damage than any gopro clip Craigy poo. ;)

herzalot, gunga din and sir crashalot like this.
  10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I won't even walk that trail....

Oaken, Faust29 and littlewave like this.
  11. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    I won't either....it's harder that way!

Oaken, UPSed, mtnbikej and 1 other person like this.
  12. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Because it may make you Herz a lot? :gag:

herzalot likes this.
  13. CalEpic

CalEpic Member

Name:
    Craig
    Sez the guy with dick pic's on his camera ;)

herzalot likes this.
  14. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    You can do better than that Clinkle-Toes. I'll take it as a gluten free attempt...:p

herzalot likes this.
  15. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    this threads getting wierd

DangerDirtyD and tbarnesarc like this.
  16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Good to see the ol' Laguna homies jawing at each other, eh Gary? What's next - Rads v FOCers v S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S.? :confused: (Edit: The preceding comment was meant in humor. It's fun to see Gary, Craig and Taylor razzing each other a little).

I have my own Laguna Posse called TECRIL - The Endless Cholla Rock-It Loop...

TECRIL is rollin' hard tomorrow morning!

17. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    R.A.D.F.O.C.A.S.S

Ha! I'd join TECRIL tomorrow but im a member of HTWONWKNDS

Faust29 and herzalot like this.
  18. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    And... That's the exact reason I stay off the forums. The whole club/ click thing is juvenile at best. SA is lame for reasons above and I have many more to back that that statement up. As for The Radz; some can be actually nice people but that is in the minority. In terms of The F'ers; JC is a solid human and DT is a great guy as well. I'm just not a fan of any of it. Hence the SADs which is meant to be a satirical jab at all of them. Point being go f@cking ride and have fun! High five a fellow rider, help each other out and don't compare yourselves to others on Strava. I'm also signing off for good but hope to run into some of you on the trails one of these days. Drops mic and pieces the f out...

sir crashalot and herzalot like this.
  19. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    image.jpg Don't let the mouse hit you in the nuts on your way to the trailhead.

Faust29 likes this.
  20. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    @tbarnesarc - ain't no Jets and Sharks on this little forum. Just us humble little riders who high five each other's accomplishments. :thumbsup::cool:

21. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I agree about those local "cliques", however thats no reason to equate Imtbtrails with them and abandon Mikie and his inclusive forum, IMO a bunch of friendly supportive riders of all levels from all over socal with a positive attitude, at least from my virtual experience on the forums. Unfortunately i haven't ridden with many here (notable exceptions Knucklebuster, Mike, and yourself, and I run into Herz and a few others once a year or so) since im a member of HaveToWorkOnWeekends. In fact, this forum is almost my only way to interact with otehr riders as i usually ride solo midweek or before work. We joke around with eachother a lot and sure there have been debates and arguments on here on controversial topics (what forum doesnt?) but thats in the minority and hasnt really gotten mean/egoish very often. . This thread went from a post of a cool video, to a discussion about strava vs gopro re: local trail exposure, to friends razzin each other and actually poking a litlle fun at those "cliques", sure it got derailled but nobody said anything "cliquey" or insulting. And then " F y'all cliquey people Im out". It just doesnt follow. Radsfocersstupidass have zero presence here.
    In the past you and I have talked about the egos of a selectfew of the guys in the acronym cliques, really good riders who yet feel they have to cop an attitude to those not in their club or towards the less skilled and/or less willing to get injured (both of which apply to me!). havent seen any of that on this forum. Which is why Im somewhat active here, which says a lot as im not really into social media (not on facebook, twitter,etc).
    I havent posted on Stupidass in years. Lurk occasionally, but theres very little activity on that site these days. And lets face it I dont really have the DH/FR chops to really be a contributing member:)

Faust29, littlewave, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  22. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    If @mike is a notable exception, I want in on that too. I was hosted by Rads group a few rides and didn't hurt myself. They even gave me the schpiel on how to get inducted, but I didn't stick around long enough because I moved out of Irvine back up to the San Gabriel foothills and simply ride too many other trails in addition to the San Joaquin Hills. Also, I got tired of waiting around at the bottom of every hill for them to catch up. Yea...I said it, and I'm so awesome!

Faust29, littlewave and herzalot like this.
  23. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    maybe I didnt word that right,(edited now) I meant, dave, mike, and taylor are notable exeptions to the fact that i havent ridden with many here due to my schedule (work weekends, wed/thurs off). Dave can often ride midweek, Mike sometimes can, and Taylor works during the week, but he lives and works near me so in the summer we meet up after work. Anyone else on here have weds off and lives near south OC and doesnt mid riding with a slow but steady climber willing to do some challenging stuff but not too crazy, and enjoys long rides in the SA's during the cooler months, shout out!

24. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Hmmmm, I've been on IMTB for a couple of years now, and I've posted a few times (4,000?). I haven't seen anybody mention any of the silly Laguna riding clubs until this thread - and here it was only in jest, I assume.

IMTB has been and will continue to be about high-fiving a fellow rider. Even the STRAVA-posting guys on here are mostly competing against themselves for vertical feet climbed, and not comparing times with one another. The data is posted to show the map and the ride profile more than anything.

Oaken, Faust29, StrandLeper and 2 others like this.
  25. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Wow, WTF? Cool vid. Cool banter. Then BLAM. Riding cliques?

My clique is pretty exclusive. If you show up behind Rock Martin Jewelry in DT Laguna before 8 on a Sunday... And you have a bike, shoes and a helmet, you are in. (Probs want to bring water) It's up to you whether you come back for another ride or not.

Or, the other super secret Sunday clique-- the "pre-ride clique"-- if you show up at my house before 7, we drop mentally, climb cholla, drop stairs, and drag race into town (by 8) -- and ride with the other clique for their ride, then climb back to my house when it's done.

To get into the second clique is pretty tough. You have to PM me for my address. And if your bike is in the shop, you can use one of mine.

I am a pretty clique-ish mtf'r!

P.S. Weekday clique: pm me to ride on Wednesday. We meet somewhere in Laguna after work. Then we ride in the hills and trails of Laguna. Then we have a beer at Nicks. Then we ride home or back to our cars.

@mtnbikej 's clique is super exclusive! You have to show up to a ride. Remember your shoes and helmet. Try to be relatively punctual. Not be a dick (he makes an exception for me). And not vomit more than once. [edit: it helps to be sure that you are not too badly hungover]

Yup, pretty cliquish crew on this forum!

Cornholio, mike, Faust29 and 6 others like this.
  26. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Yup....my clique is pretty small....but not by choice

Mine tends to be more because I don't want you dying 30 miles into a 70 mile ride...on the other side of the Santa Ana's, or in the Santa Ana's where we are on our own. I will admit, I have taken more chances this year hosting new riders(people I have not ridden with) on some pretty big rides. Granted it worked out well and those who have joined my have survived....and some I have ridden with multiple times since. As @StrandLeper eluded to....my clique is not normal, but join us for a deathmarch and see for yourself.

Otherwise, I think we are all pretty open. The other site was very very "cliquey". Too many private clubs and backroom handshakes.

Cornholio, Oaken, mike and 5 others like this.
  27. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Wow... Skip a few days of the forum, and the wheels come off the bus. o_O I guess our little non-cliquey inclusive forum isn't for everyone. That's fine. I'd still ride with the guy, same as I'd ride with a certain lady rider who abandoned ship not long ago. Pot stirrers don't seem to like it here. Too boring?

As for me, I rode 99.9% alone before I got involved with this forum. Since then, I've ridden all over SoCal with some very mellow and cool people. I've learned a lot, seen some amazing rides, and made some friends along the way. All of our rides share one common element, though. I have never seen any of the IMTBers get an attitude, because of someone's lack of ability, stamina, etc. We tend to wait for one another, and our best rides have been with groups of varying strengths and abilities. That isn't for everyone, obviously.

Cool videos, by the way. I rewatched them after getting home. The lousy hotel wi-fi the last few days made them hard to watch.

Cornholio, mike, StrandLeper and 7 others like this.
  28. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    image.jpeg

Dirt therapy cures all.

As one with an aversion to the group-like things, I have to say this site is like a non-clique. It's just a place where stoke is shared and trips are planned, with old and new rider pals from all corners of SoCal. We all leave our egos at the door, and the vibe IME is amiable despite the occasional head-butt. Props to Mikie's ongoing hard work to make it good here. :thumbsup:

Cornholio, Oaken, StrandLeper and 8 others like this.
  29. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Nothing like a 2,768 mile mountain bike ride to take the edge off.. ;)

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?