SART to open in Anahiem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by da big hills, Mar 2, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    The trail had become "troublesome" but they just cleared out the model city created in the dreams of Gavin Newsom. It had everything he brought to San Franscisco, it has poo, discarded "clean" needles and tons of garbage. They took out tons of poo, over 4000 clean needles (thank goodness, those could cause a flat) and 10's of tons of building materials. When they were done the county had to remove the top 2 feet of soil because it had become contaminated with biological waste. But next week you can ride the SART again, at least until the next Newsomville sprouts up in the river bed.
    Happy clean bike trails

Chevrolegs, Faust29, MolarM and 6 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Actually well over 5,000 needles, but still....

Faust29, pperrelle and herzalot like this.
  3. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Originally, I had read the cleanup would close the trail for months. Shocked it's done this fast.

Faust29, pperrelle and herzalot like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I think the trail has actually been open the whole time, but no one wanted to ride it with those conditions.

5. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    It was but it was sad. I have not ridden this in a while. I know people who would ride the trail down to Newport and back. They had to divert to city streets to avoid the mess. SART is a great trail as it avoids the main streets and traffic

Runs with Scissors likes this.
  6. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And from what I've read it's almost complete all the way to SART in the San Bernardino Mountains. 100+ miles, one way. Won't THAT be awesome!!!

Faust29 and littlewave like this.
  7. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    There's a break in the trail from Green River in Anaheim to Norco. Would be nice when they complete that. Other than that, I think it is complete to San Berdoo.

Here's a link to an article about a 3 month closure and that that are adding a 100 plus gates gat will enforce nighttime closures. I've been on it many times at night, and so are many others.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...nty-begins-clearing-homeless-encampments/amp/

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?