Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon 30 & 27 wheels, 27.5 wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mtbMike, Sep 29, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I have TWO sets of lightly used Santa Cruz Reserve carbon wheels for sale. Each set retails for $1599 when bought new from pretty much every source in the USA and I've only seen them on sale one time. These wheels are used but in perfect condition other than some "rock rash" which happens to all carbon wheels that are actually ridden in trails where they were meant to ride. I'm selling because I sold both my 27.5 bikes so don't need the wheels any longer. *TIRES & ROTORS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN SALE*.

Set #1 is a set of Reserve 37 wheels which have a 37mm ID (42.5mm OD). They were built up by Santa Cruz with the DT Swiss 350 hubs. These are Boost spacing hubs, 12x148, set up with a SRAM XD driver but I have a Shimano driver if you'd prefer to have that. This set has more rock rash but have been ridden less because they were on a longer travel bike I rode less frequently. That being said, **this is my favorite set of carbon wheels I've ever owned.** $975 for IMTB folks.

Set #2 is a set of Reserve 30 wheels set up with the exact same hubs except they obviously have a 30mm ID and 37mm OD. They are "cleaner" with less road rash as they were on a bike I didn't ride on as gnarly of trails. They are also only about 6-7 months old and were only on the bike for 4-5 months before I sold it. I bought this set from The Path so I'm the registered owner with Santa Cruz and could help you out, if needed, with warranty help as they have a lifetime warranty. $1050 for IMTB folks.

Here's is my local CL posting where I tried to show the worst of the road rash. OVERALL, the wheels are very clean in my biased opinion. I'd prefer not to ship them (which is why I'm waiting a week to put them on PB) but will at buyers expense

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bop/d/oceanside-santa-cruz-reserve-carbon/6989132248.html

iu5jRBAuR9CgOyxKGO%y1g.jpg

2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    To clarify, is wheelset #1 37mm or 27mm ID? Subject line does not agree with text. I ask because if 37mm, I am intrigued...

3. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    You are correct, my mistake....the title is wrong. Thank you for pointing that out. Set #1 are Reserve THIRTY sevens. I had them on my Tracer and as I frequently post when people ask about carbon wheels, they are the only set I’ve ever owned where I can truly say I can tell a difference in ride quality.

Cyclotourist and Voodoo Tom like this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Thanks for clarifying, Mike! Gotta' think on this one... I've been toying around with finding some carbon rims for my plus wheels. Very intriguing!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?