Santa Cruz Reserve 37 Wheelset for 27.5 ----- $1000

Discussion in 'Killer Dealz' started by mtbMike, Oct 10, 2018.

1. mtbMike

mtbMike Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer & Primer
    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2447540/

This guy is selling a brand new set of Santa Cruz Reserve 37 carbon wheels for $1000. At that price, I'm assuming the have the DT Swiss 350 hubs and that set normally retails for $1599 which of course in CA = $1725 after taxes. They are 27.5 wheels and they have a 37mm ID/43.5 OD. They are "optimized" for use with 2.5-2.8 tires but you can go 3.0 too. The rims also have a lifetime warranty but I'm not sure how SC is running their registration process for them.

If you're even remotely interested in getting a set of carbon wheels, you can't do any better. This is the cheapest I've ever seen this set anywhere and I can vouch for the wheel sets quality. I put these on my Tracer a month ago with 2.5WT tires and they are the best wheels/tire combo I've ever owned. If these were the 30mm, I'd buy them for my Yeti in a second.

2. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    I think he's fibbing a little... Santa Cruz doesn't sell complete wheels with the DT 370. That's the cheaper hub in their line- pawls not ratchet. Someone (the bike builder?) bought the rims and built them up with that hub... Still a good deal, maybe?

3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Weird...

Danmtchl likes this.
  4. Redman

Redman Well-Known Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC 27.5
    carbon rims.....pffft!:Roflmao

5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS

Those look like 370 hubs. The 350 have the white and black stripes on them.

You can get the Reserve Rims as an option with the 370 hubs on the new Bronson.

Seems like a waste though to get a really nice carbon hoop with a not so great hub.

And if that is the case.....no wonder the price is so low. 370 hubs are not sold aftermarket, so they are only available OEM....which makes them very inexpensive.

Screenshot (107).png

MrGreedom, Faust29, Danmtchl and 5 others like this.
  6. mtbMike

mtbMike Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer & Primer
    Hommm....if they have the 370, they must have been built up because I've only seen them with the 350 or Industry 9.

Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    Could be a new option for 2019. Gets more peeps on their carbon rims with a lower cost.

MrGreedom likes this.