Santa Ana Mountains, CNF

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by mike, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Rumpled

Rumpled Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2003 Giant Rainier
    Didn't they just recently put a couple of bridges in? Like isn't the one at the new USFS boundary gate new?

Mikie likes this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    The “Pear Tree” crossing bridge was replaced; no others recently I’m aware of.

The one at the gate got holes filled last couple years, but it’s pretty old AFAIK.

3. mike

mike iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    Trabuco Creek Rd: OC Public Works will work off a list of residents, and will otherwise sign the road as open to residents only, so it seems like they may be serious about the closure AFA bike/ped access. Other details in the image I posted upthread.

littlewave and mtnbikej like this.
  4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    Oh crud! :eek:

5. mike

mike iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    FWIW...the bridges project in Holy Jim is now projected to start in August, next month, so the work will overlap less with the county road project. The net is that, after the county road is reopened, there could still be weeks of restriction in HJ. There might be a temporary access road built around each of the two bridge replacements (still TBD); ped and bike access still undefined. My guess is they will build temporary roads through the sites and allow hikers/bikes through. Just a guess...

mtnbikej, Faust29 and kioti like this.
  6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    So then, climb in on Main Divide, drop in on UHJ and then LHJ, then climb back out to Main Divide, take that over to Trabuco and drop, then climb back out and exit the area via Main Divide? How's that for an ass kicker of a day's worth of riding?

7. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    Across Main Divide and down Bell Ridge... Skip Ding Dong and you end up in Robinson Ranch. Heck... Keep going and you can go all the way to Caspers.

I need another crack at Bell... See if I can leave a little less blood this time.

8. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    On One Lurcher Single
    Still haven’t hit Bell.

kioti, Faust29 and mtnbikej like this.