Santa Ana Epic.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DBMX119, Dec 9, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    A buddy of mine has asked me to accompany him on a ride he's had his eyes on for a while. His idea is to start in Corona, ride to Indian Truck train, up ITT to MD to Santiago Peak, then over to Sierra Peak, then back down Skyline and return to Corona. He's tried it a few times, but has always quit and taken a bail out down bedford. Why did he ask me to do it with him? Because he knows I won't quit and if I keep going he will too.

Its not a particularly fun loop, but its something he's always wanted to do. I'm planning on giving it a try with him and hopefully he will last longer than Bedford this time. haha

Anyway, I've never ridden the Main Divide going from Motorway to Beeks. Is it as painful going that direction as it is from Beeks to Motorway? I would think it isn't, but on the surface it seem like it would be that tough going the other direction either (but we know what that is like).

The other thing we're worried about is having enough water. I think I would be fine with a camel back and 2 large bottles, but he is willing to ride up Bedford the day before and hide some bottles.

mtnbikej, mike, Mikie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    See, we need an "Ask J" section.

mtnbikej, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  3. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    I was thinking the same thing. haha

mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    39 miles in the mountains and 8000 feet... He's going to call that a social cruise. :D

5. moto knight

moto knight Member

Name:
    kyle
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Bronson
    You also have Eagle Rd as a bail out if you run out of water or (Skinsuit for some extra fun) . From lower hj to the peak is the worst of it. From Motorway to Beeks is about the same as Beeks to Motorway in my opinion. Should be a fun ride! Post how it goes.

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Sounds like a super worthy outing. Have fun!

I like your thinking @moto knight...Skinsuit finish. :sneaky:

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I will share what I know. I have only ridden from Motorway to Eagle Rd....and that climb is a little tough. From there on, I imagine that the climbs are steep and loose, just based on how fast and slippery they are going from Beeks to Motorway. Once you make it to Pleasant's all the hard climbing is over.

I know I'm gonna have to do it sometime. Main Divide is already getting slippery just from 4 Corners to Motorway. I could only imagine how it is to Beeks'.

Water for me wouldn't be an issue.....especially in these temps. Sounds like 100 oz. + (2) 24 oz bottles would be a lot for me....but I'm not normal.

The climb from Holy Jim to the Peak actually scares me more than the other side of Main Divide....those climbs are all pretty short. Steep, but short.

Sounds like a fun day on the bike though. Social cruise for sure. :rolleyes: :sneaky: :Roflmao

At the least, push on past Bedford to Eagle at the minimum. :thumbsup:

I hope you are planning on the mtn bike and not the crossbike.

Faust29, Mikie and moto knight like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Can't wait to join you. But - if you don't see me - I'm probably way up ahead of you. Just go. :sneaky: :whistling:

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?