San Juan to Caspers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kingaucho, Dec 15, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kingaucho

kingaucho Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    A buddy offered to take me up to Blue Jay tomorrow and I'll ride down San Juan and back home from there. I know there is a trail that takes you out to Caspers from the bottom of SJT and I tried to find it a few years ago, but couldn't. We went to the Hot Springs and couldn't figure it out from there, so ended up riding up Ortega which sucked. Any help? Thanks in advance!

2. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    I don't know the trail, but I will say you could not pay me any amount of money to ride along Ortega ... that's just begging to be killed, lol.

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Jump the double gates on the right- just before you get back to the 74. Take the fire road to the springs, and then just keep going... There is one fork in the trail- take the right one. I believe the other goes to Sitton Peak, and is off limits to bikes after a short distance.

The fire road turns to overgrown trail, and then climbs alongside the 74. Eventually it turns back into fire road all the way back to Caspers campground.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1271277391

4. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I was just looking for a trail to do that too...

Great timing!

pperrelle, Faust29, kingaucho and 3 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?