San Gabes Front Side Epic - 02.27.14

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by BCrummett, Feb 28, 2014.

1. BCrummett

BCrummett Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Mojo HD3
    So yesterday, right after storm #1 ended, and before storm #2 hit, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to score some primo hero dirt without dealing with any crowds, shuttlers, or hikers. Boy was I right! As dry as its been around here lately, the trails sucked up all the water perfectly creating some totally epic conditions. Along the journey I saw some deer, enjoyed breathing the fresh clean air, checked out some great views, and had a crash on Sunset that made my life flash before my eyes. This crash also gave me a major charlie horse, making from middle Sunset to to El-P and back to the car complete torture. But hey, it could have been WAY worse. So when all was said and done, I hit almost 24 miles of solo perfection on three of my favorite trails in the area. Definitely a ride for the ages. Here are some pics. Enjoy!

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

abuck55 likes this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Holy Fashizzle Batman! Nice Report and Pics!

Love da photo's and affects.
    It's cool that I have been there and know the ride as well.
    You are riding one of my most favorite top 3 bikes!
    Thanks for posting this, looks like it's time for the show yo 26'er thread...I'm in!

Looking forward to riding with you!

~Mikie

3. BCrummett

BCrummett Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Mojo HD3
    Glad you liked the RR! I don't usually have any camera on me besides my cell phone, so I just do the Instagram filter thingy to make the pics "pop". I know its cheating, but what they heck, if it looks cool oh well! Haha. As for the bike, its my pride and joy! Been riding this HD since June of 2010, and have loved every second of it. Once it craps out, I might go to the Mojo HDR 650b edition, but who knows... by then maybe 26ers will be the new trend and I'll get the same rig! Yeah lets ride sometime!

4. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Great ride report. Thanks for sharing.

5. imtbtrails

imtbtrails Guest

Hey Brandon!
    Congrats!

imtbtrails picked this as "Ride Report of the Month" for February...

It's located here on Singletrack Minds Magazine: http://imtbtrails.com/magazine/

Nice!