San Clemente Single Tracks

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by pperrelle, Nov 27, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 11-29-15
  1. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Going to go check out the San Clemente Single Tracks on Sunday. I've never been. Anyone in the know have any recommendations on a good loop? We're rolling at 7:00 am if anyone wants to join us.

2. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    The area is not very big. A number of small loops out there; drop one, climb one, and repeat. It is a mostly open grass area so you can pretty much see the loops. There is a singletrack at the bottom that follow the Marine Corp pavement and a big fireroad up top that basically follows the power line then there a handful of downhill's that connect the two...have fun nice smooth singletrack.

Mikie and pperrelle like this.
  3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Have fun out there! Some of my favorite riding is on the SCST. Here's a basic spaghetti track I ride in from town: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/5800158
    I prefer riding up from Christianitos rather than down from the dog park. The only must-ride section IMHO starts at mile 5 on the map above. I don't know the name of the section, but absolutely LOVE it! Have fun, don't worry about getting lost!

Mikie and pperrelle like this.
  4. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Thanks for the input guys. I did make it out there this morning. There's some fun stuff out there. I posted up a quickie report in the "I rode my bike today" thread.

5. Poofighter

Poofighter Member

Name:
    Noel
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Shortboy
    OUCH!

http://abc7.com/news/bmx-rider-impaled-by-bike-airlifted-to-safety-in-san-clemente/1285395/

Sunday, April 10, 2016 11:14PM
    SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) --
    A BMX rider in San Clemente was airlifted to safety after he was impaled by his bike, the Orange County Fire Authority said.

Fire officials said the incident happened just south of Calle Extremo and Avenida Fabricante at about 3:20 p.m. on Saturday.

A 26-year-old San Clemente man was riding his bike, going over jumps when the seat of his bike fell off mid-air, officials said.

During the crash, firefighters said the bar holding the seat impaled the man in his stomach.

The bike rider was with friends at the time of the crash and they were able to flag down a nearby animal control officer who immediately called 911.

Emergency crews arrived at the scene and called for a helicopter to take the man to the hospital.

Since the man crashed near large power lines, firefighters had to move the man to an area where the helicopter could lower a basket and hoist him up.

The man was flown to Mission Hospital with a severe abdominal injury, including internal injuries.

Fire officials said he's listed in serious condition but is expected to survive.

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  6. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark

Mikie likes this.
  7. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Sounds terrible, but I was relieved to hear he was impaled in the stomach by the seat-post. Could have gone worse places.

Mikie and Fueledbyex8 like this.
  8. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Rode here this morning, and trails are really rough on top. They were beating me enough on my hardtail that I was wishing for my FS bike! Sight lines are great, and everything is brushed nicely, no problems there. All the bridges have been re-built, and are really solid and legit! A lot of work has been put in over the last year!

RIGID, kingaucho, Obsidian and 4 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?