RR: Skyline in Big Bear with the imtbtrails "Crew"

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Mikie, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c, SC Hightower
    The imtbtrails "Crew" . . . . . . . rocks!
    For a ride group this large with a start count of 24, which grew to 26 due to the cameo appearance of none other than @Daddy Dirtbag and his awesome son, to meet at a distant location, get started at relatively the right time, one minor mechanical, no serious crashes (I heard of a minor, or two?), great attitudes, riding at altitude, everyone seeming to have big smiles all day and have a good time..... (take a breath), GREAT JOB!

Put it out there nearly a week in advance to go ride Big Bear. The original idea was to get a small group together and go blaze Skyline Trail. But as the ebb and flow of online participation rolled along it turned into a imtbtrails social ride. Fine with me! We need these! It's good to expand the face to face time. It puts humans back behind the forum keyboards.

With an 8:30 start, and a two stop car pool, it meant I left my house at 4:45am to be at @Voodoo Tom 's at 5:30 so we can be on the road at 5:40am to meet @scottay and birthday boy @bigringrider101 in the Sylmar area, load up and be at the Snow Summit parking lot ready to put foot to pedal at 8:30.

Traffic was good for a 4th of July weekend, VT and I have developed this ritual of stopping a Subway for these breakfast sandwiches which for me has turned as superstitious as a a major league baseball player! Problem is, most of them do not open before 7:00am. We ran out of window before we hit the climb up to Big Bear so it mean racing over to the one down the street from Summit Blvd. and rushing the two Sub Girls on our grub.

Showing at like 8:20 makes it tough to roll at 8:30 when you want to share handshakes and hugs with everyone!

But after a sort of riders meeting to establish this as a cruiser, the trail plan, blah blah.... we got on our way.

I asked @bigringrider101 (Berni) to lead most of the day as I wanted to "attempt" to mingle and get as much video of everyone I could (never a guarantee).

We headed east on the service road out to Fern Trail that would lead us to the trailhead of Skyline. Skyline was built by a mountain biker. Not ONLY a mountain biker but "THE" none other than Hans from a brotherhood mtb club called Over the Bars or OTB for short! If there was ever a club out there that we align with and respect, it's these guys and girls!

Not the original plan... But I didn't really think we would with this large of a Crew... (in all the excitement, I forgot to turn on my Garmin at the beginning of the ride, thus the gap from start to finish).
    BIG.BEAR.imtbtrails.crew.PNG

Pace was a little hot in the beginning, but that is to be expected. Once we hit the climbs on Fern Trail things began to space out (also expected). Right off the bat, right in front of me "SNAP!" goes @Faust29 's chain. i stopped, J was already on his way back, Jeremy states, "No reason to wait for THESE guys, they will catch up in no time!" Good point! So I headed on.

So many faces and bikes, I was challenged to keep everyone straight. Easier to just keep headcount.
    We stopped several times to regroup throughout the day. Jeremy ran sweep for the most part. Awesome job Bud! I floated along mostly in the middle.

The weather was perfect, the "Crew" was perfect, the trails was perfect. Hardly anyone were on the trails, we came across a few hikers and everyone was very polite to them, KUDOS!

One thing I would like to mention is towards the end of Skyline, people were starting to get a little burned out on the punchy climbs Skyline has to offer. It made me start thinking it may be wise to alternate the end of the ride. Hats off to Jeff (@Daddy Dirtbag) for knowing the Big Bear trail network better than the back of his hand. He remodeled our trail route to minimize the remaining climbing, still get a little fun singletrack in, and get us back to Snow Summit as a group, in one piece with big smiles on everyone's faces!

Back at the parking lot, a lot of conversing was still going on. The Crew really seemed to click and the buzz of getting to know each other than a screen name was well in flow. Changing clothes, many of the crew headed out to grab grub on their way home. Still, a good size group headed over to the Mexican Cantina to eat together. I had a huge craving for a beer! Okay two beers! It was non stop chatter of several conversations all going at the same time around the table. I sat there taking it all in, feeling a little bit of that stasis that @herzalot was referring to in another thread. A large group ride, that went off with really no hitches, fun had by all... A good day in the dirt on epic trails with epic people!
    These are the camera pics. I have much more and pics of others missed here coming soon in another post!

NJOY!

4:45am
    DSCF0484.jpg

Traffic is stacked heading North (the opposite way, ha hah!) on Interstate 5.
    DSCF0486.jpg

ren·dez·vous off the 210 with @scottay and @bigringrider101 birthday boy Berni.
    DSCF0487.jpg

I am here, and You are here, and We are here, TOGETHER!
    DSCF0488.jpg

DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0490.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0510.jpg

Vincent "The Trail Slayer" looks on at the lifts and slopes. I'm sure he was still fresh and ready to hit some more. DSCF0511.jpg

I was sternly told by @driffter33 , that if I took the pic, it had to post the pic. You can try and figure out who it is...

DSCF0512.jpg

Mrs. UPSed aka Jennifer. Sucking down that hydration pack like a slurpee!
    DSCF0514.jpg

This is the true Man, the Myth, the Legend... @Daddy Dirtbag !
    DSCF0515.jpg

Mr. UPSed
    DSCF0516.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. J-Zilla, this is Suzanne!
    DSCF0518.jpg

CarlS! FINALLY!
    DSCF0519.jpg

J-Zilla (mtnbikej) and Jeremy.
    DSCF0520.jpg

Cyclotourist aka David.
    DSCF0521.jpg

Chip off the ole block, Ted, son of Jeff. Great guy!!!!
    DSCF0522.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

@bigringrider101 aka Berni and Warren aka @driffter33.
    DSCF0524.jpg

James, JJ, @slomosapien any way you want call it, my mtb brothah. Thank you SO MUCH for lunch Man!
    DSCF0526.jpg

Tom aka @Voodoo Tom and Scott aka uhhhh @scott. :sneaky:
    DSCF0527.jpg

Warren, David, Vincent (The Trail Slayer), Grego, Berni (The Birthday Boy!)
    DSCF0528.jpg

The Video:

2. UPSed

UPSed MTB Addict

Name:
    Edward Bottorff
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO Plus
    What a wonderful day! 20160702_112812-1600x1200.jpg 20160702_105352-1600x1200.jpg 20160702_104333-1600x1200.jpg 20160702_104256-1600x1200.jpg 20160702_104301-1600x1200.jpg

3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist MTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    One of my best days on a bike, and I've had many of those! Weather was perfect, starting at the mid 60s and rising to the mid 70s by the time we finished. Trails were fantastic! A 24 miler, of which I'm guessing 20 were on singletrack! And the people are really what made the ride! Really, you can be in the most beautiful place with the flowy-est singletrack, yet the people around you can bring the whole thing down. Not in this case! The best-managed large group I've ever rode with. Faster ones took off, slower ones took their time, middle group (my grouping) chugged on through. Can't wait to do this again! Lots of social re-grouping with smiles and conversation. Finishing it off with Mexican food and beer in town.

27945308122_01b2f2b4c5_c.jpg

27970190941_0b0cd4032c_c.jpg

28013097216_d25c4560fd_c.jpg

27970193821_7ac5f37337_c.jpg

27970196761_9b6e6ac3de_c.jpg

28013102786_a091749c8a_c.jpg

More pix here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/albums/72157667748845533

Thanks for throwing this out there, Mikie, and to everyone that jumped on this to make it great!

4. Grego

Grego MTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Thanks for the invite Mikie. First time for Vince and I climbing Fern and heading out and around Skyline (and some other trail :whistling:). Vince had a blast riding with the front group while I cruise along somewhere towards the other end. Tons of short punchy climbs on Skyline along with gorgeous views. The flowy single tracks down were sweet! Great group of riders!!!!

IMG_0856 (2).JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

5. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Leave it to @Mikie and IMTB membership to defy the typical clusterf---ery that happens on group rides and pull together something that everyone enjoyed!

It's about attitude, and it sounds like everyone was appreciative of the good fortune of being outdoors on a wonderful trail network with like-minded people on a gorgeous day! A tip of my helmet to all of you! :thumbsup:

6. Faust29

Faust29 Hooligan!

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    For me, it was the first time up there without snow, and a horde of teenagers. The group that Mikie assembled was pretty epic, and easily more manageable than a horde of teens. No crying, no bitching, no complaints, no overactive hormones. Only lots of fun and smiles... And I'm glad to finally put some more faces (and bikes) to the names that I see on here every day, and to see some that I rode with in the last year or so. Good people, Mikie... Nice job. :thumbsup:

With 24 people, all sorts of things can go wrong... But none did. I think I was the only mechanical with the snapped chain, which mtnbikej fixed in 1.5 minutes flat. I wasn't timing it, but it felt like a minute and a half. I barely had time to start feeling the charley horse on the right knee. :whistling: I probably would have taken 20 minutes or so, and would have never seen the group again. :thumbsup: But, as we were getting the rear wheel back on, I made the mistake of saying, "Hey, the group is out of sight; we can ride this next (uphill) section fast!" Highest heart rate of the day! :speechless:

I think there were a couple minor falls off the bike, but no genuine crashes... That's pretty amazing with 24 people gathered on a mountain. I expected helicopters.

And... I wanna go again!

Approaching 8:30... Almost everyone is here. :whistling:
    IMG_0986.jpg

Yeti... The Weapon of Choice
    IMG_0987.jpg

No comment necessary...
    IMG_0989.jpg

Anybody see Bernie?
    IMG_0992.jpg

Wow.
    IMG_1011.jpg

I don't think our trail was on that map... :whistling:
    IMG_1006.jpg

Sandwich stop on the way down... If you haven't stopped here, do so.
    IMG_1013.jpg

Luis, RS VR6, tortoise and 25 others like this.
  7. Marty657

Marty657 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Marty
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz TB2C
    Wow, Amazing! Great job everyone! Looks like a good time had by all. Group of 24, starting on time, no incidents and only 1 minor mechanical, amazing. Hate that I missed this ride but glad to be part of IMBT.

8. MrsUPSed

MrsUPSed New Member

Name:
    Jennifer
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Great ride today, Mikie! What a wonderful group of guys - loved meeting new friends today - I had such a good ride. Thanks for organizing and thanks for the sweepers - special shout-out from me to Jeff, Ted and Jeremy. And next time bring Cathy...! ♡♡♡♡ :)!

9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    Sorry.....no pics for me. I was having too much fun to do so.

When I committed to this ride early last week, it was a much smaller affair. By Friday, it had exploded. I think at one point attendance was pushing 30 riders.

@Mikie posted a 8:30 roll time. No problem, my wife and I met up with @Faust29 and my friend Jeremy....and we headed out. No traffic for a holiday Saturday morning....I even missed my off ramp at the bottom of the mountain that cost a few minutes, but we recovered. Then heading up the mountain, we got stuck behind "Mr. I'm Towing My Boat at 35 mph and Not Gonna Use the Turnouts Even Though There are 10-15 Cars Behind Me". :mad: Fortunately, my cooler fell over in the bed of the truck and spilled its' contents. We used a turnout and sorted it out. Good thing we wouldn't see Boat Man again.

Rolled into the parking lot about 8:15.....and there was nobody there. o_O Are we in the right spot? Did we get the time wrong? :( A few minutes later cars started pulling in....but still no ride leader. :whistling: They would roll in with a few minutes to spare. We lined up for the pre ride "pep rally" and group photo. We were rolling only a few minutes late...not bad for a group this big, from this far away.

As usual, the pace at the start was kinda quick. However everyone kinda settled down once we got onto the dirt. The climb up Fern was much nicer since they rerouted the trail around the crappy steep switchback. Quick regroup at the start of Skyline. We were off....then we weren't. We were only about 100' up the trail when I heard the all to familiar sound of "creak creak pop". Someone behind me snapped a chain. No problem, we can get it sorted out. The rest of the group continued up. Got the chain repaired quickly....yes, I have done this more times in my life than I would like to admit. @Faust29 said since we had a large gap to the group, we could push the pace. Up to this point, it had been a nice cruise. Ask, and you shall receive. With open trail ahead, we pushed on....HR's out of control, but the group was much farther ahead than I expected. We finally started to catch up to the back of the pack. I waited at the next crossing for the sweeper and was last into the next regroup at the top of Radford Grade.

From here the guys wanted to ride fast took off, the rest of us just kinda cruised. Again starting towards the back of the pack, eventually I would begin to work my way through the pack. This is a long section of Skyline from Radford Grade to Seven Oaks....we wouldn't regroup will we reached Seven Oaks turnoff. From here it was the climbing through the rocky sections of Skyline...the areas where wide bars are not ideal. Again, from the back, I just worked my way through the pack. Another regroup at the top. At this point my wife was starting to bonk. Her and my buddy Jeremy decided that they were going to take a longer break and just ride down....not do the extra climb that was originally planned. We later learned that she was fighting some stomach bug.

I continued on with the rest of the group....(Suz bailing out at this point was planned/a good possibility) and me riding with the group was agree'd upon before hand. So it was all good.

Up/down a few more shorter sections of Skyline ....it was in one of these turns that @CarlS laid down in the soft powerdery dirt in a very tight turn. We ended up at the bottom of Plantation. From here the route kinda changed from the original route....but we were still 20 strong at this point. Up Plantation(new dirt for me), up a fireroad, then down some singletrack sections.

From there, it was a quick run down Towne Trail....I have been down this 100's of time over the years, and never seen it this loose and slippery. Back into the parking lot, where Suzanne and Jeremy had just finished as well.

We decided to skip the trip to the cantina with most of the group. We were craving a sandwich from Rocky's Roadhouse in Running Springs.

It was good to see some of the regulars who I have ridden with before. Really nice to meet some of the other members.

My wife did say that everyone was friendly and nice.....she must have been riding with a different group....surely she couldn't be speaking of this group of hooligans. :gag:

Thanks for putting this together Mikie. Good times for sure.

10. CarlS

CarlS Well-Known Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    Nice to finally meet some of you. I think next time with a big group we need name tags for the new people like me with the forum names and real names. Cyclotourist was there? you may have been standing right next to me and I didn't know it. Anyhow, I had an awesome good time. Yes, that was me who dumped it over at the surprise sandy corner. but it was nice there were no major crashes or mechanicals not even a flat I don't think? Faust29 broke a chain but must have fixed it super fast.
    here is my only pic, and it turns out it wasn't even anyone in our group :rolleyes:

13439219_10206355125576989_5513702732800202317_n.jpg

Danimal, Oaken, Grego and 12 others like this.
  11. Faust29

Faust29 Hooligan!

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    Name tags... Or maybe vanity plates on the bike! :thumbsup:

Cyclotourist was parked near you with the minivan.

CarlS, Tom the Bomb, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  12. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist MTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Name tags would have been great... next time! @CarlS , were you in the Subie or the Venza?

13. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I can't say anymore than what has already been said. It was really great to ride with a bunch of old friends and meet some new ones. This was my 1st time riding in Big Bear and I plan on coming back. Big thanks to our Grand Poobah @Mikie for setting up this ride. Looking forward to some more great times with this fun group of riders.

Voodoo Tom, Faust29, Danimal and 9 others like this.
  14. driffter33

driffter33 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Warren Hornaday
    Current Bike:
    2013 Giant Anthem X 29er
    Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. What a group of great riders, with great attitudes. A lot of new dirt for me on this one.
    Checking strava, there was alot of big guns on this ride. It was great to se everyone on social ride mode!

20160703_133510.png

20160703_133445.png

20160703_133403.png

15. scottay

scottay MTB Addict

Name:
    Scottay
    I want Vince's Strava ap.....5K of climbing!

Voodoo Tom, Faust29, Grego and 6 others like this.
  16. Marty657

Marty657 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Marty
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz TB2C

N0 pics needed, narrative was really descriptive. Wish I could rite a good RR.[/QUOTE]

Faust29, Mikie, UPSed and 3 others like this.
  17. Cougar

Cougar MTB Addict

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    That might actually be @Warpig - he was up there pre-riding for the Grizzly 100 seperately. Not sure though, need more zoom :)

Faust29, Mikie, UPSed and 2 others like this.
  18. CarlS

CarlS Well-Known Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    venza

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  19. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist MTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Ha, yeah, I was talking to you about the car and if you liked it.
    Definitely need tags!

Mikie and CarlS like this.
  20. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pick one, got a few
    What a great way to kick off the weekend and celebrate our independence.. With all the heat recently Big Bear was a great call for a ride location. I've only been there twice in my life and both times was in the dead of winter so I really wasn't sure what to expect. What I got was a chance to meet and ride with many new folks as well as many I just don't get too ride with often enough...

Nothing really new to add but I do have a bunch of random thoughts about the day...

~ Skyline trail is awesome. No doubt built by a true mountain biker. It's got something for any caliber of rider. Scenery galore with lots of twisty's, punchy climbs and short drops and some nice narrow stuff & chunk thats pretty much optional to hit. There's also a fire road bailout option just about the whole length of the trail.

~ 2500ft of climbing feels like way more at 8k elevation. No mystery why many were getting tired.

~ Even with a group of 24 riders I still rode alone a good chunk of the day

~ @mtnbikej can do a casual cruiser ride ( he emphasized this was a social cruiser but I had my doubts with him)

~ The youngsters on the ride were too stinking fast. Vincent the trail slayer killed it again and so did Parker.

~ I already knew this but birthday boy @bigringrider101 Berni (our trail guide and ride leader) has no idea what a casual cruzer pace is.

~ Big bear is too darn far from Castaic :-(

~ The secret trail towards the end of the ride was fantastic...

~ After seeing the pimped out mojo 3 that @AKAKTM was riding I really really want one ...

~ The @Mikie new trailhead invite format thingy worked like a charm. Never would have guessed that 24 people( most with a 2+ hour drive) would have made the journey up to Big Bear on a holiday weekend.

~ The cool people were on Ibis Ripley's ( 4 of em total, 3 blue & 1 black. @MrsUPSed had the shiniest one & mine the most hammered).

No pics on my end but I got some GoPro footage that'l hopefully be worthy of posting when I get a chance to look at it all...Can't wait to go back.

21. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Aww mannnnn....

Previous commitments kept me in town. Skyline looks just as awesome as always, and what a crowd!

22. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
    Well, in all fairness.....there were a few times when I did push the pace and work my way from the back of the pack up to the middle of the pack......until my wife took the bailout route. Then I was willing to push a bit more, but I still stayed away from the #1 position. :thumbsup::p

23. R Trujillo

R Trujillo Well-Known Member

Name:
    Richard Trujllo
    Current Bike:
    2016 Santa Cruz Bronson
    Looked like it was a great group. I got a quick sec to say hi to @Voodoo Tom and chatted with @CarlS at the Plantation intersection with Skyline. Our group of 4 was a little worried we'd slow the group down and with us would have been 28 people so we decided to start earlier and go on our own. From Plantation we turned around and took the fire road so that we wouldn't be going the wrong way against the group. We decided to try the new Green trail on the return....it is very loose and chunky but once it gets packed in it will be a great trail for beginners. our loop ended up being about 19 miles and after lunch we hit Exploration for another ride lol.

Next time I'll be sure to tag along on the group ride for sure.
    Thanks for sharing everyone!

Rich

24. jaime

jaime MTB Addict

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '15 Giant reign advanced 1
    Thanks @Mikie for the invite, too bad I bailed out at the beggining ! My legs were literally dead.... Good meeting some of the Imtb family and saying hi to other which I rode before !!! Next time it will be different :thumbsup: ! IMAG0750.jpg

MTBHotRod, Mikie, mtnbikej and 7 others like this.
  25. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ MTB Addict

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic and Stumpy
    Keep trying my friend.

MTBHotRod, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  26. OTHRider

OTHRider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '14 Giant TCX SLR2 Cross Bike
    Did you all get in the $2Hoe trail goodness?

Mikie and Daddy Dirtbag like this.
  27. Faust29

Faust29 Hooligan!

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    This... ^^^

And with a group this size, chances are that there will be others who might want a shorter and slower version, which ended up happening...

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  28. Daddy Dirtbag

Daddy Dirtbag Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jeff Johansen
    Current Bike:
    2016 Trek Stache 9 29+
    Ho yeah!

===========================
    Social rides are about being social, and that includes stopping every so often to make sure everyone is staying with the group, and having a good time. Sometimes, that means altering the route while riding. Everyone that signs up for this type of ride knows what's up (or they should). With group rides, once you get more than 4 to 6 people, you can generally figure on adding 5 minutes (+/-) to the overall ride time for each additional rider.

Having been 'that guy' on far more than my fair share of group rides, I have often wondered why anyone would still extend an invitation for me to ride with them. Eventually I figured out that if they did not want me to ride with them, they would not invite me. We all have to start somewhere, and without accommodating riders of all levels (or if someone is just having an 'off' day) at some time, most groups will die a slow painful death.

I, for one (especially if I have done the ride before), will always be willing to alter my ride to hang back with riders if it means they can continue. I have two big priorities for group rides; be (relatively) safe, and have fun. Everything else is merely details that can be worked out as needed.

Maddog, MTBHotRod, herzalot and 8 others like this.
  29. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist MTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    @Daddy Dirtbag Loved your recommended addition to the route Saturday. I think it was just what was needed to keep it interesting as well as guide all the flock home. Glad you recommended it. And thanks to Jr. Dirtbag for carrying my gear when my bag ripped... very helpful!

30. Mikie

Mikie Admin/MTB Addict

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Yeti ASR5c, SC Hightower
    Ted's a class act. Just like his dad.:thumbsup:

More pics. Still more to come....:)

Mrs. @mtnbikej Suzanne!

bb.imtbtrails.01.jpg

@Voodoo Tom aka Tom!

bb.imtbtrails.02.jpg

@MrsUPSed aka Jennifer!

bb.imtbtrails.03.jpg

@scott aka Scott!
    bb.imtbtrails.04.jpg

Danny Lee . . . we call him Supah "D"!

bb.imtbtrails.05.jpg

@scottay aka Scott!

bb.imtbtrails.06.jpg

Parker aka Parker son of @AKAKTM!
    bb.imtbtrails.07.jpg

Rodney aka @MTBHotRod!

bb.imtbtrails.08.jpg

Ken formerly known as Ken!
    bb.imtbtrails.09.jpg

Tony aka @AKAKTM, and SOG (Some Other Guy).
    bb.imtbtrails.10.jpg

Vincent O. (The Trail Slayer).
    bb.imtbtrails.11.jpg

Greg aka GregO . . . (We just totally "get" each other).
    bb.imtbtrails.12.jpg

@CarlS aka Carl!
    bb.imtbtrails.13.jpg

Jeremy also known as . . . . . Jeremy (clever, very clever!). bb.imtbtrails.14.jpg

Jaime! He goes by many names . . . . Jaime, Jaime, or just plain Jaime! You decide :) That other guy is none other than @Faust29, also named Jaime . . . . (actually named Steve).

bb.imtbtrails.15.jpg

Bern-Dawg, aka Birthday-boy, aka @bigringrider also know as the man.... Berni!

bb.imtbtrails.16.jpg

More pics to follow!