RR: Kokopelli 2019

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Mikie, May 13, 2019.

1. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    I added a link to a Google album...

2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Between the different loadings, I saw them all!!!

Faust29, mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    I have to wait for @AndyB to get back from Europe. This is outside my wheelhouse of understanding.

Most likey a script fix and I will upgrade to the latest xenforo software update. It’s only money. :rolleyes:

4. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Not a complaint... I have no standing to make one! Just documenting for the record...

5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Rose Garden in a Jeep......

FF to about 10:00

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    I'll donate $30 to the cause. :whistling:

7. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    That's one of the other things my riding buddy in Tucson likes to do.

Faust29, mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Well, that's one kind of "fun." Kind of reminds me of building a railroad ahead of the train. The guy with the cracked windshield was a MUCH better driver.

My Audi has Quattro - I wonder if I could clean that run?

DangerDirtyD, Faust29, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  9. Luis

Luis iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    I miss my Jeep ZJ :(

scan, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Luis

Luis iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    Anyways, here are more pictures from day one

wS3ciE5GSeiRpxK%C9k1Eg.jpg EOfZuYshTWuuJu5VMw98nQ.jpg V92bxM2NR++U15Pwexcj4w.jpg IXeeWP%JTwiRkoo8rnBZMg.jpg y7a1x44yTvmLmQQ1ZjxnAg.jpg 9xpSiyRDRxaekY5AM6gFTg.jpg R5fphIh7QRKvgkBAKvuNsA.jpg SA4HuDXaSHWi1p7qXAzeoQ.jpg 4p3fBT4sTF2+uZ%vnQ0z2A.jpg Q5%ZAj5+SgmAdQWPenO5jw.jpg

Faust29, HBkites, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  11. Luis

Luis iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    Wait, there's more... still day one

ZfIjO3LCQZKJJN2GmgFVXA.jpg lL%PbLvNQSK+jSjExzg%Ug.jpg 99D5FhpeT1CcUMjW1FBPWw.jpg moFqMaebTk+0z1Y1YkY6LQ.jpg DNSixl5MQN+%RkkjoMPH5w.jpg Q5PBXdfmRq+HR23tjA%OLQ.jpg YqJEkFe4TCaBIDs72mtfWQ.jpg 5jZDNWi2SJi+MszmJFG9hw.jpg hQ9f+naOQJib%kRsPOtEmg.jpg

mtnbikej, Mikie, UPSed and 8 others like this.
  12. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Great pics, @Luis! This is my fave:
    mofqmaebtk-0z1y1yky6lq-jpg.jpg

Stkx66, mtnbikej, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  13. Luis

Luis iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    Big Black 29er
    Thanks @Cyclotourist here’s another shot of @Faust29 riding by

8D13C36D-CF8C-40A5-BD2D-699878867905.jpeg

On Steve’s video you can catch a glimpse of the rock I’m standing on as he rides by. This was in western rim

14. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 6.42.52 AM.jpg

15. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    What, @Faust29 is in the picture???? I was just talking about the canyon background!!!

;)

Mikie, UPSed, Luis and 3 others like this.
  16. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why Cycles S7
    I like the other guys pictures more then mine, but here are a few....
    1CAF48BC-562E-4A94-B3AF-3E5806778966.jpeg A95F889B-CF5F-4250-89F6-E2CA7F678F25.jpeg E1CA43A7-6846-4D80-B9AA-5F18F9953F78.jpeg 7B9ED2DD-82CC-4185-ADB4-7A70FFE13D57.jpeg EC2B1845-77E0-4614-86C2-5B48EF2A3C3F.jpeg 4471015F-1811-4B0E-8582-A368DB6F416E.jpeg F6A12C99-BDD3-4FE7-81EF-BFA58A064BAF.jpeg

TG none of my brothers posted a picture of me “winning“ Kokopelli 2019 :facepalm::gag::Roflmao

Stkx66, mtbMike, Faust29 and 9 others like this.
  17. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    All the pics on page 1 are now loading normally. :thumbsup:

Faust29, UPSed, Luis and 1 other person like this.
  18. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    Koko from my perspective.......

I haven't had a full on vacation for a whole lotta years. I wanted in on this, so I made it happen.

@Faust29 picked me up on Weds. and we were rolling @ 4am to get to Moab by dinner. I usually do the driving on trips like this, so it was nice to be the passenger and get to look around. With the early departure, traffic was not an issue....we even hit Vegas before morning rush hour. Weather was good all the way through St. George.

On the other side we dealt with a lot of this...
    IMG_4852.JPG

We did get to check out most of the rest stops on the way there...my bladder felt like the size of a pin head. Rolled into Moab about 4:30pm and met up with @Fijirob at the RV park to get settled for the night.

When they say cabins....
    IMG_4863.JPG

They mean closets....I've been in porto-potties with more room....
    IMG_4865.JPG

Yeah, we fit 3 of us and 4 bikes in here. So, is this what summer camp is like? As the others arrived, we had planned a group dinner in town. Good grub, good smack talk, good times.

The next morning we gathered up all our gear and bikes, shoe horned it all into the shuttles vehicles and headed to Fruita.

Yeah.....I think it's gonna be a good day....
    IMG_4866.JPG

An hour or so later we arrived at the meet up spot for the ride. It was overcast, breezy and cold. This was the point that I realized that I grabbed the wrong windbreaker. The L would fit...snuggly, but would have preferred the XL.

After a little shuffling around, rider meeting and logistics....we were off. We did get out in the 2nd wave....well with 10 of us, we were pretty much our own wave. The pace was supposed to be social and it was for the first 30-50'. Some smooth rolling fire road. This was about the time that @Mikie bike starting to make a ticking noise...about 1/2 mile into the 140 mile route. This would be repair #2 when we got into the lunch stop.IMG_4870.JPG IMG_4871.JPG

Shortly from here we began to climb into the Fruita Loops.....Mary's/Lion/Troy's.

Smooth and flowy.....IMG_4872.JPG
    Followed by some chunk here and there. ..Colorado River
    IMG_4875.JPG

@Luis
    IMG_4876.JPG

@HBkites bombing my photo.....
    IMG_4877.JPG

First time in Colorado for me.....IMG_4878.JPG

We would go from Jeep Road to Singletrack and back..... @Mikie waiting for the carnage to clear out.....we'd clean it.
    IMG_4880.JPG
    Regroup before heading out to Troy's Loop.....everything is so well marked....it's almost like they like us mtn bikers out here....
    IMG_4881.JPG

@Voodoo Tom , @HBkites and Eric.....Somewhere out here Eric yells out that his derailluer isn't shifting. Turns out he broke the cable....we were only about 6 miles into the trip. I was gonna turn it into a SS, but fortunately @Luis had a spare cable. Bike repair #1.
    IMG_4882.JPG
    We would be heading down there....fun chunky descent....with some HAB.
    IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG
    There would be a few HAB's in this section....this would be the biggest.....
    IMG_4887.JPG
    Once out of the canyon....it was a flowy smooth fire road to the lunch stop.....
    IMG_4888.JPG

At the lunch stop, threw @Mikie bike in the repair stand and sorted out the crank arm click.....yay!!!! silent bike. The lunch stops each day would be my achilles heel. My legs would have issues getting started back up afterward. Good thing day 1 only had about 13 miles after lunch.

Heading out towards Western Rim....
    IMG_4895.JPG
    Looking at this surely didn't suck.....
    IMG_4898.JPG
    Out on Western Rim we were welcomed by fast and flowy, fast and chunky....jeep roads and singletrack.
    IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4901.JPG

Awesome rocks out here.....IMG_4902.JPG IMG_4903.JPG
    About a mile from camp we were welcomed by a brutal F-U climb. Legs were still dead from lunch stop. @Mikie and @Voodoo Tom were right there with me at the base of the climb. We slowly started to crawl up it....it was steep, and loose, and rocky and rutted. About 2/3rd's the way up, I finally gave in and hopped off. It's ok, the other 2 were doing it also.

Finally reached the top......
    IMG_4904.JPG IMG_4905.JPG

Rolled into camp....gathered my gear and set up home for the night......this sucks, can't you tell.....IMG_4906.JPG

Checkout out the facilities.....
    IMG_4910.JPG
    After dinner and before bed.......
    IMG_4914.JPG

.........to be continued.......

IMG_4899.JPG

tortoise, mtbMike, HBkites and 11 others like this.
  19. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    Since we were all in bed early the night before....some slept better than others. Could have been the bears snor....er, I mean sleeping in the tents around us. :rolleyes:

Morning of Day 2 started off kinda early....but positively outstanding...
    IMG_4916.JPG IMG_4917.JPG

After a fulfilling breakfast and rider meeting we were off. Now today was the so called "roadie" day. Wasn't sure how the legs were going to feel today. However after a few moments on the bike, it was clear they weren't going to be an issue. There was also some discussion as to what is considered a social pace....from the front of the pack. :whistling:

The jeep road descent from camp was fast and mildly chunky. We would get a little spread out but regrouped at the paved section. @HBkites , @Mikie , @LuisIMG_4918.JPG
    We would spend a large amount of the first 18 miles or so of the day pushing on the flats......IMTB Hooligans United
    IMG_4919.JPG
    Fortunately there was more time to look around today as the first 2 hours was not technical....unless you were @Luis and a mud puddle or mud hole. :Roflmao
    IMG_4921.JPG
    Occasionaly we got to get some DH......
    IMG_4922.JPG
    More @Voodoo Tom photobombing..... :cool:
    IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG
    @Stkx66 and @HBkites pushing off the front.....
    IMG_4927.JPG
    Eventually the fast flat road miles funneled back into some fun singletrack. We would once again be down right next to the river. Some chunky sections, some smooth sections, some steep punchy climbs. We even rolled through a section of willows only feet from the water's edge.
    IMG_4928.JPG IMG_4929.JPG
    Too soon we were back on our "roadie" way..... @HBkites showing his thoughts on the big roadie day.
    IMG_4930.JPG
    Like I said....it was a mostly flat ride to lunch..
    IMG_4932.JPG
    We ended up on the highway for several miles, into a headwind. However the pace really picked up here. Somebody out front reverted to some old roadie tendencies... :whistling:

This would drop us off at the lunch stop. This would be a long stop. Between lunch, and the throwdown for the Shuttle Bus Que my legs would not be happy. It was also lightly drizzling and the temps had dropped. There was discussion as to whether or not we should just head out and ride up the 5 mile dirt road climb rather than wait for the shuttle or not.

Remnants of an old wooden suspension bridge that burned down a few years back...
    IMG_4933.JPG
    Well, we won the Battle of the Bus and hopped into the van with the crazy shuttle driver..... @HBkites was her favorite. It was also on the way up on the shuttle we realized we made the correct call. The climb didn't look all that great.

Once at the dropoff it was still chilly and drizzly, but the views were pretty awesome.....
    IMG_4934.JPG

A couple of short techy descents, immediately followed by a couple of short tech ascents....I was once again waiting for my legs to show up. We'd worked our way to the bottom of Day 2 Hell Climb. We knew the high point elevation, but not how long it was to get there. It was a wide fire road. Not technical, not rocky....but did have some sections of try and find the most solid silt. I began to fall off the front...leg no worky. So i just settled into taking it easy. @Stkx66 was in front of me. I figured I'd use him as my rabbit.....I'd start to close in, then come around the corner and he'd be way back out front. o_O He'd eventually stop for a break and I'd get by him. After what seemed like 4-5 miles of climbing we hit the high point. Turns out the group wasn't as spread out as we could have been.
    IMG_4935.JPG IMG_4936.JPG
    From the high point we had quite a bit of descending....lots of old Jeep Road with plenty of chunk, and plenty of speed. Followed some of @Mikie lines....made some of my own... @Luis was on my rear wheel. We would regroup at the top of the Rose Garden. We scouted it a little bit, but not much. @Luis jumped right in and went first. Watched his lines and what line not to take. He made it to the middle spot and chose the wrong line. I dropped in next...big step downs, big rocks....was doing just fine until I took the wrong line in the middle section. Yup, had to dab. Mikie caught me at this same point. Couldn't get back on and rolling, so walked about 20'. From there is was bombing down through the rocks and chunk. Everyone gave it a go....Eric was the only one to clean it top to bottom.

IMG_4937.JPG

Yes, we would have to climb up that after the Rose Garden....
    IMG_4938.JPG
    @Voodoo Tom happy to make it down in one piece.....
    IMG_4940.JPG
    From there it was a long steep climb, that actually didn't seem that bad, but legs were toast from the lunch break....followed by a series of short rolling climbs that just seemed to go on forever. We could finally see the camp down in the valley about 2-3 miles away....felt like it took forever to get there.
    IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4942.JPG

We were in this grand horseshoe canyon......
    IMG_4943.JPG IMG_4944.JPG IMG_4945.JPG

Set up camp, filled our bellies and an early night in the tent....again. This night would be really cold. At least the sleeping bears were much farther away this time.

.......to be continued......

20. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    Day 3 we awoke after a cold damp night. But we awoke to clear blue skies. One last morning of tearing down camp and repacking our bags.

We knew today was going to start off with a big climb. In fact, we woke up this morning looking at the snow covered mountain we had to go over/around.

Yeah.....we are going to the snow.....it's just right there.
    IMG_4946.JPG IMG_4947.JPG IMG_4948.JPG

After breakfast and the final rider meeting we headed out. We started off on a flat'ish/rolling fire road. The pace was kept down as we had a big day in front of us.

Soon we started to head....upward.
    IMG_4949.JPG
    I dropped my phone, so why not take a picture of everyone leaving me behind. At the top of this warm up climb, we dropped down a short DH, then began the long grind for next few hours. We knew we had about 18 miles of climbing, 3600' of ascent, top out elevation at 8600' and a false summit at 8100'.
    IMG_4953.JPG
    Well the group blew up as soon as the climbing started. Doing the math, it should have been a climb with an average of 200' per mile. We compared the numbers to some of the long climbs we do regularly. Once on the climb, it was clear that the numbers didn't really tell the whole picture. What should have been a gradual climb for miles upon miles, actually turned out to be a lot of flat'ish climb, with multiple steep punchy sections. Just put it into an easy gear and just cruised. Watching the ascent number on the Garmin creep up sooooo slowly was painful. We had also left the desert floor and were now amongst the trees. It was pretty out there, but definitely obscured the views.

@Mikie @Voodoo Tom @HBkites @Faust29 and I regrouped at about 7800'.
    IMG_4954.JPG
    Different landscapes up here.
    IMG_4955.JPG
    We were getting closer to the snow....
    IMG_4956.JPG
    From our little regroup, we figured the false summit was around the corner....and it was.....after a short downhill. Damn it, we were losing some of that elevation that we had gained. A short time later we reached the false summit. @Stkx66 and @Luis had caught back up.

Snow is even closer.....
    IMG_4957.JPG
    After the DH from the false summit, the climbing continued. We reached a wooden bridge that just seemed out of place. However the view from there was incredible.

Yeah, we camped down in that valley last night.
    IMG_4959.JPG
    It was great being up at the alpine level.....
    IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4962.JPG
    The bridge went over this little creek that resulted in a nice waterfall.....
    IMG_4963.JPG
    Yeah, I climbed down to see how cold the water in the creek was.....C O L D !!!!!! But it was neat how the creek had cut a channel through the rock......
    IMG_4964.JPG

After this little break at the picture spot our little group blew up again. The road became really wide, really smooth, and just kept going up. We also noticed that we were starting to close in on our 8600' elevation. This is when we started to see patches of snow on the side of the road. The road was dry and the air was crisp, but it was really nice.
    IMG_4965.JPG
    A little higher up....more snow.
    IMG_4966.JPG
    However we could see the top of our climb....and knew that the grind was just about over.

One last stop to take in the views from the top.....
    IMG_4967.JPG IMG_4968.JPG IMG_4969.JPG
    At the top there was a short descent into a pea gravel parking lot/trailhead. The front of the pack was already there. We took the walk out on the trail to check out the dino feet.....pretty cool.
    IMG_4970.JPG
    The back of the pack wasn't as far back as we feared they might have been. They arrived a few mins later and we were ready to head down to the lunch stop. Between us and lunch was a 3 mile road descent.....it was fast, really fast. Drop the seat, tuck and hold on.....what a blast.

We rolled into the lunch stop knowing that all the climbing for the trip was over. It was kinda bittersweet.

Nice spot for lunch....
    IMG_4971.JPG IMG_4972.JPG
    After lunch we got into the que for the shuttle....no ankle biters today. The shuttle would take us up a nice winding 2 lane paved road....we scored again getting the same crazy shuttle driver, who proceeded to use the whole entire 2 lanes. 20 mins later we reached the top.
    IMG_4974.JPG
    When I did the Whole Enchilada in 2014 this parking lot and road didn't exist....it was merely a dirt jeep road.
    IMG_4975.JPG
    From here we were at the drop in for Kokopelli Trail. We had 17 miles of descending in front of us. There was some fear early in the day that we may not be able to access the trail from here due to the rain that had come through a few days earlier....turns out it wasn't an issue....unless your name was Eric.....or so I heard.

The Jeep road starts off kinda quick and you pick up speed in no time. The road was on the smoother side. There was also some rather large mud holes to negotiate. A couple short uphills led us to the fork for Upper Porcupine Singletrack. We were finally at the pinnacle of what we spent 2.5 days getting to. Quick regroup and we were off. We were quickly into the tech....the chunk. Weaving through the rocks and trees....grinning like kids on Xmas morning. @Mikie would lead, then I would lead...it was soo much fun.

We reached the overlook.....some enjoyed going to the edge, some preferred to observe from a distance.

@HBkites likes living on the edge.
    IMG_4976.JPG
    Can't get enough of the views.....
    IMG_4977.JPG IMG_4978.JPG IMG_4980.JPG
    We continued also UPS....the group was getting pretty strung out. We were having too much fun to stop. The plan was to reassess when we reached the bail out at Lower Porcupine Singletrack. Well, aparently we missed the fork and continued on. A little ways past it we came across another rider who was waiting for his riding partner that was in way over his head, and walking....alot. When we realized we missed the bail out fork, we had a meeting. The other rider asked if he could join us, as his partner was taking the bail out. @Faust29 @Fijirob @HBkites decided to backtrack up to the bail out. @Stkx66 asked how much farther we had of the trail we were riding.....we were 4 miles in out of 21....so you do the math. He decided to go with the others. Our 10 dropped to 6, but we gained 1.....so the 7 of us continued onto Lower Porcupine Singletrack.

Again @Mikie and I took turns leading the train. Mike the new guy had ridden the WE 10 or so times so was kinda familiar with the trail. This was only my second go on it. The pace out front was fast. More bobbing and weaving...jumping and dropping...and just plain monster trucking through the chunk. I think new Mike was surprised at the speed we were going....he said he was glad he ran into us. :sneaky: Mikie, myself and Mike were out front, Tom, Luis, Eric and Pete were behind us. At one point we had been going for about 20 mins....when I looked behind me, there was no one there. Mikie and I had dropped the group. Turns out Mike got a flat a ways back up, Luis put a plug in it. By the time they caught back up....his tire was low again. His Stan's was dry...time to tube it. Bike repair #4. We got back up and running again.

While waiting for the tire repair to pump up his tire.....
    IMG_4982.JPG

We pushed on to Porcupine Rim. Lots of tech and chunk here. Lots of ledges and narrow sections of trail....it was also incredibly fast and flowy. Myself and the 2 Mikes pushed on down PR almost the entire trail before we stopped to regroup....it was just too good to slow up and stop. We finally reached the last really nasty feature...none of us 3 were feeling it and walked it. We decided it was a good spot to wait for the others. Tom walked it, Luis hit the top of it, and Eric tamed it like a champ......
    IMG_4983.JPG IMG_4984.JPG IMG_4985.JPG
    From here we were nearly at the end of the trail.....within minutes we reached the tunnel under the highway....and like that the ride was over. High fives and fist bumps and a whole lotta "f*ck yeah's". Hopped onto the paved bike path for the mile cruise back to the RV park.
    IMG_4987.JPG

Even here the views were still incredible......IMG_4988.JPG IMG_4986.JPG IMG_4991.JPG

We rolled into the RV park....not far behind the rest of the guys that took the bypass. Changed out of my riding clothes and made it back to the after party for some grub. Followed by the first shower in 5 days. :Barefoot:

Soooo.....how was the ride?

It was incredible. It was surreal. It was pain and pleasure at the same time. It was running on the razor's edge while juggling chainsaws. There was so many different things thrown at you during the miles we covered. Now that I know what to expect, I think it would be even better.

Would I do it again.....you betcha.

21. mtbMike

mtbMike Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer & Primer
    Wow, great photo report. I know you had already done a ton of miles but no way I'd be able to bail out before Lower Porcupine which might be the best trail out there.

22. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Yes! That was like a Trilogy movie ride report!
    It really pays to get in shape for this ride. Oh, you still feel the pain, but the ride is just that much funner!

Day three is an incredible pay off after the climb. Porcupine never dissapointing!

Tom the Bomb, Stkx66, HBkites and 2 others like this.
  23. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    It had nothing to do with the miles... I'd like to try something longer. It had more to do with the ice pick in my elbow and shoulder...

One trail does not this ride make... Not even close.

24. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    Porcupine Rim was my favorite....UPS and LPS are a lot of fun, but Porcupine Rim just made me giddy.

25. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    So... About those hut to hut rides...

26. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Legit write up!!!

27. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    I'm still living Koko! The bruises and scrapes from my Day #1 crash have pretty much healed, but the shoulder still isn't 100%. Really sore in the mornings, and there are some directions that it does not want to rotate. It gives me a little sharp pain to let me know it's there...

Doctor appointment next week!

When's the sign up for next year? :p

28. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve Macko
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Minor tear in one of the muscles that connects to the rotator cuff... If it's going to heal on its own, it will be 3-4 months. At this point, he does not feel that surgery will be required down the road. I'm on anti-inflammatories for a month to start. He suggested PT, but said it really wasn't going to give me anything above what I'm already getting with my activity level. Keeping mobility and avoiding muscle freeze is the most important thing... I can do that. :thumbsup:

He did ask if I would stop riding for awhile... You can guess how that went. :Roflmao At that point, he cautioned me on aggravating the injury further. :poop: I'll probably stick to the FS as much as possible for the time being...

He did also mention that chewing Advil by the handful to finish the ride may not have been the brightest approach from a medical standpoint. Can't argue with that... :Roflmao

When's sign up for next year?

Luis, Fijirob, herzalot and 10 others like this.
  29. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy Upgrade
    Happy summer vacation! :(

30. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Oooooofff...

mtnbikej, Faust29 and Cyclotourist like this.