Rocky's New Bike Day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -ROCKY-, Oct 7, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Calling all IMTBers. Surely you have a set of upgrade wheels for Rocket-J-Squirrel so he doesn't have to buy used from a stranger.

2. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Lol, 29s people! .. I'm kidding... How about you guys give me the specs of what you have that will work with my bike!:rolleyes:

Danmtchl and Faust29 like this.
  3. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    *sigh* I need help, anyone near Lakewood willing to come by and help? Please pm me if so, thanks.

4. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Uh oh!

Danmtchl, -ROCKY-, Voodoo Tom and 2 others like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    You got this far with IMTBT's online repair resource...keep at it! What's up?

Danmtchl, Faust29, -ROCKY- and 2 others like this.
  6. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    @-ROCKY- I'd be happy to help out, but I've got no time between now and after Turkey Day. If you still need it then I'll give you a pm. In the meantime, let us know the issue; it's possible it can be cured here.:whistling:

7. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Click bait, he just wants his welcome thread revived :sneaky:

8. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Thanks for the responses guys. No, no click bait. I was having a moment when I posted that though. I'm just frustrated I'm having so much trouble with the the easiest stuff. You guys remember I was having trouble getting my back wheel on. Well while I think I have it centered much better but I still feel lots of drag. Anyway I decided to have the tech at the lbs take a look at it, after all a bunch of adjustment service came with the purchase of the bike (I think I even paid for the membership thing that includes some service) but I want to try to work on my bike myself first. So now I'm going to get out the bike carrier I bought used. I knew used wasn't going to get instructions but I thought I'll figure it out, worse case I'm sure there's a tutorial on yt right? Ok it's a Bell, I see Bell even has tutorial on yt and the carrier pretty much looks like the one I have. I also notice the video is 2 minutes. Is it that easy? I click on it and it pretty much went, you see these marked upper? They go up here. The ones marked lower, go down here. The whole middle which I'm having trouble with didn't even get mentioned. At this point I'm not in a great mood. I have my bike 5 feet from me thinking I'm going to mount it on the back of my car, then,. .... Pssssssssssssss..... My rear tire springs a leak just sitting there.. Really??? How the F does this happen with sealant inside the tire? Things get blurry after that. I have zero confidence in those tires, I want to get out, I can't even get out the gate. I'm going to keep trying, just a bit embarrassed and pissed off.:bang:

Danmtchl, herzalot, MrGreedom and 4 others like this.
  9. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    It gets better. Really. :whistling::thumbsup:

Danmtchl, Faust29 and -ROCKY- like this.
  10. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Lol, thanks Runs, it better, or I'll see you after Thanksgiving, right after :laugh:

Danmtchl likes this.
  11. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    In all honesty I'd say just run tubes for now. If your wheels aren't actually TLR, then it can be really frustrating (ask me how I know). The bike carrier, well, that's just bonus heartburn. This sport is equal parts "throw the damn thing out the window and go hike" and "I got this!":laugh:

Danmtchl, herzalot and -ROCKY- like this.
  12. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Lol, it was almost, "if this MFKr falls off my car, I'm just gonna keep goin!" :laugh:
    I think with the right tires I'll be alright. Going tubeless I made all the mistakes there too, but I had fun doing that. :rolleyes:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?