Rockgeist Nigel (handlebar) bag

Discussion in 'Gear and Accessory Reviews' started by mike, Feb 17, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    No category for bike bags? I’ll leave this here.

The Nigel bag originated as a welded-seam creation of Porcelain Rocket’s. Rockgeist acquired PR and sells some PR pieces as the Porcelain Rocket Series. The Nigel is one of them.

https://rockgeist.com/product/waterproof-handlebar-bag/

I wanted a simple bag that would play nicely with housing/hoses. Not some borderline ornamental thing with room for a Tiger’s Milk bar. This is it. It sucks down electronics, hats, monster burritos, safety gear, Powerade, jacket and whatever else needs waterproof storage at hand. If you filled it with multiple burritos you can lash your extra layer under the closure shock cord. It’s super light and includes a stiff foam bottom insert to keep shape and support larger items. You can fill it until the closure can just fold over once, which is a lot of stuff (4.5 liters).

I’m not a big review guy but this is an outstanding piece that worked beyond my high expectations. I raised a brow at the price initially but would not give it a thought now that I’ve used it. Made in USA by people that love bikes.

The remaining question is durability. Shock cords lose life eventually but can be replaced. The fabric seems robust. No metal to corrode. High hopes...will update. I can see this bag is going to get a lot of use beyond bikepacking.

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Safety gear and monster burritos FTW!

Mikie, Sasquatch9billion and Danmtchl like this.
  3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Mikie, Sasquatch9billion and Danmtchl like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?