Rock Cobbler?

Discussion in 'Racing' started by DBMX119, Feb 3, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    Is anyone on here doing the Rock Cobbler in Bakersfield this weekend? I think I'm heading up on Saturday afternoon. I just need to decide which roach motel/tweaker den/bed bug haven I am going to stay at. :mad:

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Not I... I hadn't heard of it until I just read the flyer. It sounds like a riot... Wish I had known sooner. It sounds like the perfect test for the cross tires I'm eyeing up. Good luck!

3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    It's a tough ride. There are a number of good hotels, one is the Double tree and all the hotels around it. I will be out there doing support. I would not stay on any hotel in Oak/Wible. If you need anything feel free to get a hold of me.

DBMX119 and Mikie like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I heard of this last year, didn't do it, and promptly forgot about it. Does look like a good time on the bike though.

Mikie likes this.
  5. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    I got home from the Cobbler a few hours ago and I'm sitting here unwinding and thinking about what a great event this was.

BUT man was it BRUTAL! One of the toughest days on the bike I've ever had. 34 climbs in total and most are short and very steep. At the same time they made it a really fun event with tasks at the aide stations, etc. My total moving time (per Garmin) was 6:00.54 from the start to the finish (they were different locations).

I'll post a ride report (in the appropriate section haha) later this week.

Good job to the entire crew that put this on. Anyone who has thought about doing needs to commit for next year.