Rim Nordic

Discussion in 'Racing' started by singlespeedrider, Jun 23, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC advanced single soee
    This Sunday is the start of the XC season at Rim Nordic. Is there anyone going up there to race in Sunday's XC event or Saturday's enduro?

2. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    My son and I will be there Sunday. Beginner class it is. Look for 2 dudes on white Cannondale Trigger's.

3. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Name:
    Dan Eitman
    Current Bike:
    Trek Superfly FS
    Kasel Cycling will have a small crew up there racing sport/expert.

If you haven't raced there, you're missing out. A great balance of technical/flow/singletrack/doubletrack on all pitches, whether rolling, climbing, or descending. Great, low-key vibe with a crew who have been doing this since the NORBA days.

Weather should be great, with some humidity creating clouds and a chance of some thunderstorms over the weekend. Typically, its a dusting of rain this early in the monsoon cycle, so as long as the fire smoke keeps blowing away from the venue, conditions should be great.

4. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    What an awesome day. The boy and I enjoyed this race alot. Trails are quite fun and also can be ridden when they are not being raced. Today was so great because it rained on us in the middle of our race. Rain is awesome. The boy suprised himself and the wife and I by taking 1st in his class, a couple of the other riders being on High School Mtn. Bike teams. The boy rides very little but runs more miles a week than most of us ride. Proud Dad here. A must do for the racers out there.

5. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark

Hey JJ that'sgreat! I've always wanted to ride those trails, we'll have to do it some time. BTW, what's "the boy's" name? :D :lol:

6. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Adam, and yes we should ride them sometime. Could probably put together a 15 miler up there.

7. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    I am pretty sure this has been mentioned before. Exploration trail then drive a few miles and hit Rim Nordic, would probably be a good time.

8. singlespeedrider

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    That little rain storm before the sport race made the trails perfect and fast. I set quit a few pr's for myself on strava. We only had two of us running single speed sport and we had a great race and bounced back and forth a few times with me loosing only by about a minute. I am very ready for the next race and hope the guy I races does not show up haha. My heart was about to explode racing him for 90 minutes.

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Nice job guys and congrats to the young one! :thumbup:

10. singlespeedrider

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Race 2 went down yesterday and once again had a blast. We need some more sport single speed racers up there, last two races have been two of us. I was not on my game and ran about 1mph slower and got smoked pretty good by my competition. They changed up the course a little bit making the front half shorter and steeper while throwing in an extra climb toward the end.

There is a stage race August 2nd and another xc race a few weeks after that. If you have not raced up there before you should give it a go, awesome trails with a great staff.

11. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    The boy and I were up there for the beginner race. He scored another win and I was faster than last time. He is ready for sport and looking forward to it. Looks like we will be at the stage race also, with a large following of Neighborhood Cyclery teamates.

12. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    I like some Chinese food......

BTW Do NOT click on that guys link, it's naked pics of Herzalot. I threw up in my mouth.... ;)

13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    You have been banned jackass!

14. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    Thanks for quoting him. I couldn't hold in my laugh when I read that... he probably also thinks Chinese rims are better than Pacific Rims too.

15. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Fun event happening here on Sunday benefiting the Mark J Reynolds kids bike fund. Stage race with 4 events. Hill climb, Super D, Dirt crit and an XC race to finish the day. Lunch provided. It's been said before but this is a great venue and has a great staff. Support them if possible.

16. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    On the website it says 10$/day to ride the bike park?! Just can't go out there and ride the trails???

17. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    It's $10 to ride there. They maintain the trails and mark them. They also provide the restrooms. So the answer to your question is nope. It is a small business, they pay the forest service for there permit just like S.S.

18. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I'm margarita buzz posting. Is there single track for an all-day XC ride?

19. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thepcpp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thepcpp.com</a>

20. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Not an all day type of place 9- 10 mile loops with several options to mix it up. Plenty of single track. Hitting exploration trail then head up the road a bit and hit these trails for a full day.

21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mikie likes this.
  22. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Skinny Girl margarita!

Mikie likes this.
  23. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Today was the series finale. The boy had the championship locked and I had 2nd place locked. We both just had to finish and we did giving it all we had and getting our fastest times to date. Looks like he will be moving to sport class and I may also. What a fun event that seems to be getting some momentum. More racers each time. If you are a racer this is a great place to go. Easy drive and much cooler weather than most of Social in the summer.

24. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Congratulations to you and your boy! Nice job...

LLPoolJ likes this.