Redlands Strada Rossa

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Cyclotourist, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    So my first posting here on the IMTB forum, thought I would make it about something near and dear to me!

Last weekend on March 21st was the second running of the Redlands Strada Rossa. It's basically a big rolling bike party, designed to highlight the best riding (IMHO) available out in the eastern end of the San Bernardino Valley. It's a full 100km/62 mile route, 50/50 dirt and road. Any bike can do it, and we had carbon road bikes with 23mm tires to full suspended 29ers running 2.4 meats, and everything in between! A CX bike is probably the most at home on it throughout the day.

A total blast and a lot of smiles! The trail was sabotaged by someone painting over the markings and spreading tacks across the route. But I think that everyone impacted took it in stride and made it back!

Some pics my friend Paul took: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecrazy-paul/sets/72157649271649764

A really great video James W put together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlq_CD5FbU&feature=youtu.be

And my favorite write up: http://ridinggravel.forumchitchat.c...21-2015-7345407?pid=1286625981#post1286625981

We're going to hold it again next year, hoping to add a bit more dirt and bias it toward MTBs a bit!

2. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    Welcome... That looks like a blast. Great write up in the link you provided. :) I'll have to add that to the ever-increasing list of rides I want to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runs with Scissors likes this.
  3. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Thanks! We're planning on doing it next March after the time change. Already have been talking over some route options for it!

Wish I knew of this forum before hand, so I could have been posting info about it. Of course I sort of get obsessive about things, and you might just get a little sick about hearing how great the ride is is... :)

4. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    For the past two years I have wanted to do this but end up getting really sick bad with the flu right on time in order to miss out. Maybe next year :roll:

5. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Plan on staying healthy, it's a good ride to make it for! My friend Mike from Carlsbad couldn't make it, sounds like the same flu. He's had it going on two weeks now... :-(

6. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    The daycare cooties blues. just a continuum of germs. just real bad timing last two years.

7. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Runs with Scissors and mtnbikej like this.
  8. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon