Random Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by SnakeCharmer, Jul 12, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hah! It was a great drill. My brain has a hernia now, thanks!!!!!!!! :p:D

Congrats in advance on NBD. :thumbsup:

2. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    To wrap this up - someone else bought the Ripley while I was still emailing for additional info - prob should've pulled the trigger earlier:sick:

Part of that additional info was that the shop had rented it 63 times at $100 a day so that's a cool $6300 plus selling it used for $4000.
    Guessing original price of a Ripley with XT/fox factory would've been around $6200 (current price is $6700) so it paid for itself in rentals and the rest is gravy (subtracting shop maintenance costs).

3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Try and look on the bright side. You may have just dodged a bullet. $4,000 seems like a lot of money for something that has been ridden that much a lot of different people. Just my opinion of course.

4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I bet you most (80%???) were just people riding around green trails and paths on a whim. Another 15% probably put it through it's paces and rode it as intended. The remaining 5% were dumb-asses tossing it off a cliff or into a swimming pool sort of jabronis.

5. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    That's why I was trying to get out to Sedona last weekend to check it out but had to work. Oh well - onward and upward!

6. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    We bought a few demo bikes a few years ago and they were in horrible shape, I think they just put them in the box straight after the last ride. Me, personally I’d never buy a demo bike, because as mentioned above you don’t know what someone put it through. Especially that last 20 percent.

7. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    To add, just the abuse alone they take being transported to demo events.

8. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I rent bikes while on travel. I bring a 15mm wrench and my own SPD's. Terribly expensive but that is what I do. Crashed a few rental bikes, terribly painful but that is also what I do. I ride at sunset on the rental bikes just like here at home, except the trails are new to me and normally covered in trees so the pucker factor grows as the light dims, not at all like at home.
    Happy trails where ever you are