Rad-ish hardtails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike, Jan 19, 2020.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Interesting. I was thinking in terms of stack height only and planning on a 140 fork. The tapered HT is $200 extra, which would have put it over 2k. Which would have put me back at the Middlechild with a straight head tube. :bang::)

Danmtchl, rossage, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Pffffffft...... @mike doesn’t ride hard, heavy. I hear he rides like a pussy cat. :rolleyes:

Grego, mike, rossage and 4 others like this.
  3. Erik H

Erik H Member

Name:
    Erik Hillard
    Hell yeah! Kingdom is rad

I'm currently building up their new gravel Beam frame.

Instagram Link

I've been dreaming of building up a hard tail Vendetta Single Speed but.. yeah.

My full squish ride is a Kingdom Hex and some of you may have seen in at Cannell this past year.

IMG_5594.jpg IMG_7055.jpg
    IMG_5595.jpg

Faust29, SS Barby, Grego and 11 others like this.
  4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Wow, TFPU, Erik. :thumbsup: That's a lot of ti!!

Meow... :geek: Not discounting the superiority of a tapered headset, but I don't think a straight 44 would be on the menu if there was a common problem associated with it. Maybe it is common among riders who jump and/or use the front brake a lot. As always, I'm open to eating crow.

Faust29, Erik H, Grego and 4 others like this.
  5. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Dude, that Hex is mad sexy time.

Faust29, Erik H, mike and 2 others like this.
  6. fos'l

fos'l Member

Name:
    Bob
    Steel Kona Honzo 18" frame (67/74) for sale in "Classifieds" (by me - $200) has the desired characteristics except looks like it will only accommodate about a 2.4 tire. Currently built, so can be supplied with those parts if desired.

Faust29, mike, Erik H and 1 other person like this.
  7. SS Barby

SS Barby Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Niner Sir 9 SS
    I have a Fox Transfer as well, with no issues. But, this is coming from a rigid hardtail SSer up until not too long ago. Old Skool with a 72 degree HA.

mike and Voodoo Tom like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Wrong thread, SSB!! :p:)

Today I got some squish for the radtail. 40mm of it, right inside a PNW Coast 120 mm dropper post. And one of them sweet Loam Levers like the weez got. My L7 disc just went from consternation to hope!

@mtnbikej, ya getting me fired up since you rad-ified your Chamy. Dude, a SS AM ripper sounds like the damn ultimate excercycle. Klunker dreams, 2020 style. AYE. :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at   1.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at   1.38 PM.png

9. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripmo

i really need to stop looking at this thread... i'm saving up for wheels and now you post up this sweeta$$ bike again and again... i need to starting selling girl scout cookies at the local dispensary at this rate!!!!!!!!

rossage and mike like this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    LOL!!! Well, if I can annoy you further... Not too many cookies for a semi-custom ti frame. :geek::thumbsup:

Maybe you should stop looking at it. It's only going to get worse. Photos of build parts and progress, completed (gasp) build photos and, the last straw, ride impressions. :eek::D Your wheels best get bought pronto or they're fukn toast, pal! :devilish::)

Dirtrider.... and rossage like this.
  11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at   4.51 PM.png

Bike owned by Adam, the Kindom guy who drew up my frame. A medium with the old routing scheme and external dropper. Imagine rolling into some pucker terrain hanging off the back of a bike like that...I sure can. 27-28 lb AM builds. No rust. :cool:

Erik H, Dirtrider...., UPSed and 3 others like this.
  12. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Get 'em before they go inside...34% tax rate might put a dent in their budget:eek:!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?