Paying it forward: Yakima 2" Hitch Rack

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by senderos_949, Jul 12, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    Seeing if there's any interest in my old Yakima hitch rack before I throw it up on CL.
    Well-used but v. solid rack. Supposedly holds up to 4 bikes but I recco 3. The arms fold down when not in use and it folds down at the bottom for access to trunk/hatch. Includes a built-in locking cable that stores inside one of the loading bars (it's on the short side so semi-useful for locking top tube only). Plastic bits are faded and some of the rubber straps show their age. Replacement straps from Yakima are still available.
    Note: It's a pre-carbon rack so the saddles are narrow and large/wide top tubes tend to ride high and need to be cinched down - also v. wide top tubes on narrow saddles make it a bit difficult to clip onto saddle pegs. Some of the saddles may be awkward to use depending on rear suspension config and top tube bends.
    Free to someone that can put it to good use. I'm in San Clemente but occasionally in Irvine (near John Wayne airport) during the weekday. PM if interested.

IMG_6474.jpg

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU! :thumbsup:

Cyclotourist likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?