Pages with images loading slowly

Discussion in 'Forum Related' started by SnakeCharmer, Feb 23, 2018.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Nope...,.took me the better part of an hour to get both my RR’s uploaded last night on my laptop.

Mikie, doublewide and UPSed like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Right now it seems to be moving well....on my mobile w/ ATT.

Mikie and UPSed like this.
  3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    2018 Trek FEX
    Both cell phone and desktop are brutally slow. Smallish websites are fast. Biggish websites are slow to load, so the issue is not only here.

There are moments when things move along rapidly but on the very next click to navigate, it slows down again. Mostly very slow.

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash
    A bit slow here and there is all I've experienced. Site generally works great on my laptop and phone.

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower/Yeti 5C
    Hey All!
    I am very aware of the extremely slow everything here right now.
    The service provider is slammed, the internet is slammed, customer service is slammed, I’m slammed, ha ha.

So sit tight as we get through all this Fashizzle. When it settles, I’m considering a solid search for a new provider and possibly moving to a private server.

Also looking at other options for data storage to keep the site popping fresh on speed as well as considering benefits for being a member that lurkers don’t get. Having everything open to lurkers has not poured in the Newbies, so why make it all available to them?

A round of virtual hugs for everyone! Well... except @Faust29 who doesn’t like hugs... ;):p

6. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    2018 Trek FEX
    @Mikie, lock it out to lurkers immediately. Let's give it a trial basis for a week or so to see if it helps any. I am to the point to where I might not visit here anymore until things return to normal (whatever normal is???) because I cannot open a thread at all on my iphone and 80%+ of the time, I cannot open a given thread on my desk top. I can however open the main forum page but when I try to open a page with a large amount of images, it an't happenin'.

Mikie and UPSed like this.
  7. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    2018 Trek FEX
    The odd thing is, I don't have this issue with any other website that I visit online, including other cycling forums. I know that my ISP is playing a part in this issue though because my internet speed is jumping all over the place if I make random/repeated speed tests at home with none of our other devices on. Things are mostly normal early in the morning but as soon as the general population (who is likely bored out of their minds being locked up at home) goes online, my service slows down. It's affecting some of my TV channels as well, such at KTLA. TV screen feeds momentarily freeze up at least a few times every minute, consistently.

Mikie and Faust29 like this.
  8. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Stef
    Current Bike:
    3 SC is now 2 SC.
    Huggers give kooties. :stop:

Mikie and Runs with Scissors like this.
  9. OTHRider

OTHRider Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '18 Salsa Cutthroat
    Holy Dial-Up Modem Batman...... We live at the terminus of a AT&T line and are over 2,000' from the junction. We always get slammed down over here. My Verizon cell works great whenever AT&T drops and vise-versa. Hey, I'm slow on my bike too.

Faust29, Mikie and Runs with Scissors like this.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?