Offset bushings

Discussion in 'Rear Shocks' started by muni, Sep 19, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Anyone using this? People had good results slackening the geo, so I ordered a set for my Camber. Looking to achieve 67 degree.

https://www.offsetbushings.com/

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  2. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    I tried one (3mm offset) out on my turner (DW 5Spot) a couple years ago that DT gave me through a friend. Due to the size of my front triangle (size Medium) I could only use one offset bushing on the bottom of the shock, just not enough room between the upper end of the shock and the rocker link to use one. I had to take a little material off eyelet area of the lower mount of the shock to make it fit (it rubbed the downtube near the BB junction). The shock I used was an old backup Fox Vanilla coil so wasn't too worried about grinding it down a little. YMMV regarding fit depending on your frame.

So the 3mm offset bushing on my frame got maybe .5 degree slacker head angle and seat angle, a little lower bottom bracket. The offset bushing basically make the bike sit a little lower in the back (like a shorter length shock but with the same stroke). It didn't seem to mess with the kinematics/antisquat of the DW link (even though it was a little further in the sag height than before). Pretty minor difference overall, but if you can do both ends of the shock, so 6mm or so, may be more noticeable. Good luck!

Oh yeah, I also had issues with the rear tire rubbing the seat tube. I put a little extra rubber bottom out bumper on the shock so it wasn't too bad or too often.

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?