Not one, but two Whistler trips planned...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kazlx, Feb 11, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    I love it so much. Going in July with my family and then heading back in Sept with some friends. Booked flights on Air Canada in Sept for $150 round trip!

~JB~, mike, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  2. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    That's screaming deal for airfare. We're road tripping it again in mid-July. Two week trip and we'll hit Ashland, Bellingham and Squamish on the way up, then 9 days in Whistler itself. Depending on how things go, maybe stop somewhere on the way back as well. On our last trip, everybody flew home so I drove solo, 22.5 hours straight. Probably won't repeat that but I was racing the monster fire and on again/off again freeway closures in Redding.

3. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Yea, we have picked up cheap airfare before, but never this cheap. So even with the fee for the bike (I think Air Canada is $25), it's a huge bargain. We usually just take the shuttle from the airport. I'm renting a car when I go with my family, since after all the shuttle costs, the car isn't much more and will be way more convenient. I'll be there from July 3-12, so if you're around, hit me up!

DangerDirtyD, herzalot and mtbMike like this.
  4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Awwww....pulling out of SoCal on the 11th but won't pull into Whistler on the 16th.

herzalot and kazlx like this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Did the double in 2009 - July and Labor day. Hot in July, pissing rain all weekend over Labor Day. Still fun, both times. Went back in 2011 and injured my ribs. Haven't been back since. Need to go again.

Have fun and ride with reckless abandon - (but sort of safely). :thumbsup:

Luis, mtnbikej, kazlx and 1 other person like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?