Nexo tubeless/solid tire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cyclotourist, Nov 11, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Sasquatch9billion, Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  2. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    I agree, its a great commuter option. Flat tires and their upkeep is one of the biggest hurdles to casual bike enthusiasts from enjoying commuting. It work for off-road, cause you we need the ability to adjust air pressure, and we solved the issue of flats with sealant and tubeless tires years ago.

3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Yes, fear of a flat tire is the major hold up for most people that want to ride bikes more. Take that out of the mix means more people on bikes. More people on bikes means coffee shops in Amsterdam!
    Make this happen now!

4. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Proper inflation of ordinary tires would lead to a massive drop in the number of flats. Watch your neighbors, people riding on the street and especially those riding on the sidewalks. Most are under inflated at least, many will be riding on the rim or close to it.
    Many people never check their tire pressure, not knowing that our butyl rubber tires and tubes are porous and will lose air over time.
    The hatred and fear of flats comes from not knowing how to properly and efficiently fix one.A spare tube, pump, and whatever you need to remove the wheel should do the trick.

Or you can just buy those tricycle tires!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?