Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Jonathan, Aug 30, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    JDogg82
    Hi All,

I am new to this thread and somewhat new to downhill MTB. I have been riding bikes all my life, however just began downhill in Vail then Big Bear. I am hooked!

I'd love to meet some like minded people who are willing to set up trail rides, as well gather any recommendations on bikes to purchase, places to go, etc..

Looking forward to meeting you!

My Best,

Jonathan

2. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Welcome JDogg,
    Since you like bike parks I'd suggest you get a bike in the "Enduro" family. In SoCal you will find yourself pedaling uphill to get the stoke you like, unless you are strictly going to shuttle when the parks close. Check out SkyPark in Lake Arrowhead. Great place to ride and progress skills, and they have a nice rental fleet.

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey @Jonathan !
    Welcome to imtbtrails Brothah!
    There are some good DH'ers here on the site. They often hit up Sky Park, Big Bear, and Mammoth to name a few. Me? I just seem to hit the ground a lot, ha hah!
    Keep posting and stay plugged in, and they will find you.

Ride Lots and Write Lots about riding ....lots!

:)Mikie of Frazier Park

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Jonathan ...
    I sense you want your screen name to be JDogg82
    Let me know and I will switch it out for you...

Mikie

5. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    @Jonathan Whatver kind of information you need, somebody on here will have an answer for you. You want to ride at 2 am and climb until you puke? @mtnbikej is your man. You want to smash some tech in OC, look up @herzalot and if you want to hit the road and try new stuff, I'm always posting destination weekend type rides. There's a ton of members that live near you so if you watch the board, you'll have plenty of ride opportunities. You just have to read the ride descriptions carefully because many of these crazy people enjoy the pain more than the thrill...or maybe it just seems that way.

I don't know where "Mid-City LA" is but if you're anywhere near Altadena/Pasadena, you have the San Gabriel Mtns right there wit tons of DH epicness. If you don't mind paying for a shuttle, look up Mt Wilson Shuttles/SCOA. There's 7-8 of us doing the Enduro Tour on Sept 8th. 10-11K feet of DH in one day w/o too much climbing.

6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Hey.....I like to think of myself as a solid Above Beginner DH’er.

But yeah, we have all kinds here. Snow Summit season is winding down....which means Skypark(weather permitting) or climbing before you descend. Having ridden Skypark for the first time this weekend, a full blown DH bike is beyond overkill. All the trails can be safely and easily ridden on a 150mm bike.....I think all the trails were rideable on a Hardtail.

A small percentage here do paid shuttles....while many here despise shuttling.

Anyway, all we ask is that you participate. Ride lots, post lots.

7. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    welcome to the world of iMTBtrails!

8. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Welcome aboard!
    I frequently ride the Verdugos, San Gabriels and the Santa Monica’s so keep an eye on my ride invites.
    There’s rarely a shuttle involved but you get your DH money’s worth on most of my rides.

9. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Welcome, Jonathan/JDogg82/Mountain Bike Rider!

No better way to get into the sport than get on your bike and ride it like a Singapo...no, wait, maybe not. But ride the bike, yes. Tell us about your riding the bike. Join in with some of us when we ride our bikes. :thumbsup:

Your level of pain enjoyment can be accommodated by any number of us. No matter what it may be. :p

10. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Welcome!!:D

Cyclotourist and Mikie like this.
  11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Welcome @Jonathan. DH sucks. I only climb. As you can see in my avatar.

I also tell a lot of lies. Do not believe anything I say - and I tend to say a lot!

Please - ride a lot, write a lot.

Incidentally, get an avatar photo soon, or our tribe will assign one to you! (This part is not a lie).