New to this site

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by racerx, Nov 15, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. racerx

racerx Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010c
    Thanks to those who put this together. I've been riding on and off in the So Cal area for about 20 years now (I stopped counting). I normally stick to 5-6 regular trails that I know and that are relatively close to home.

I've been poking around this site and what I would really love to see is a trail review / rating / directions to forum. I know there are hundred of trails others have mentioned over the years that I just don't know enough about or how to get to them. Often when you poke around the internet to find mtg trail info you find inaccurate or completely out dated information. Nothing is more frustrating than trying something new and finding it to be a bust / waste of time or not finding it at all!

I do see the GPS map section which has some cool trails but there are not that many. I certainly can add reviews for the trails that I know and have tracked. It would be great to have a place where everyone does this and can update conditions regularly.

and lastly hello to all the fellow mtb warriors out there! Nothing is more fun than killing it on a good hard trail ride! :cool:

2. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Welcome!

The GPS maps are a new section. Mikie is adding trails as he gets them.
    I have the same issue with exploring new trails you do, so the trail section can be a help.

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey racerx!
    First off thanks for choosing imtbtrails!
    I hope you find this place to be the positive alternative to all forums.

I totally relate to exploring new trail opportunities and having them turn into a total bust.
    It sounds like you do a lot of solo rides. When I got back into riding I joined a similar forum and started hooking up with guys in my area and started riding what they rode. As I kept riding with different people I started gravitating to the mountain bikers that rode what I liked and had the same obnoxious personality I have . . . :lol:

The trail list I now have has taken me on the most amazing EPICS of Southern California! But I find that all those awesome trails are worthless if I don't get to ride them with my Buds...

I encourage you and let me be the first to say it welcome you to hit up the Epics that my MTB buddies and I ride and you will be blown away by the amazing trail network that So Cal has to offer.

Now...
    As far as Trails on imtbtrails...(I know this is lengthy)
    Custom Software, software, software... ;)
    imtbtrails has been built by me who knows just enough coding to get me in real trouble. :lol: I have built this site myself and have such huge ambitions to build what I would dream a grassroots mountain bike website would have. One of the first things on the list was the ultimate Trail Inventory, Rating,Trail Condition, GPX EXCHANGE! My ultimate goal is to have a way to inventory by location and category a trail network that is maintained by the members.If you go to the Product Review Page, as a member you can upload product info and pics and then you and everyone else can rate them and share your pros and cons.

I searched for 4 months to find that software and it's a very basic .php software. It's hard to find software that allows the public to upload anything.

I promise you this . . . as imtbtrails grows (currently on a shoestring budget :) ) I will continue to pursue awesome stuff that will allow us to interact in very cool ways.

But the ride offer stands now! :D

Welcome to imtbtrails!

Mikie

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Welcome to the fray, racerx.

If you wanna bust out of your routine, check Trailhead and hook up with some of the good folks doing rides. The Path and Fullerton Bikes have regular shop rides as well. When I first started exploring OC, I got lots of great info from David Womack's Orange County best-of guide. Randy Vogel has one out as well, also looks worthy. There prolly are similar pubs for your area.

I have soloist tendencies, too, but nothing orients a rider to a new area like going out with a local/regular. For riding alone, consider a locator beacon; numerous rescues and recoveries could have been hastened or avoided if riders had and used them.

Happy trails...

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?