New Parking Restrictions for Blackstar

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by mtnbikej, Nov 4, 2018.

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS
  2. bvader

bvader Well-Known Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Interesting don't really understand the no parking period zone on South West side.. but whatevah

Faust29 likes this.
  3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Revenue generation.

DangerDirtyD, Grego and Faust29 like this.
  4. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2003 Giant Rainier
    It's probably really mostly to keep the lowlifes outta there at night. Gotta walk a half mile or so and be committed.

5. Faust29

Faust29 iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Chameleon & Highball C
    Or the questionable photo shoots. I'm pretty sure I saw another one tonight. :oops::oops:

6. Oaken

Oaken Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    approximately what time?.....:whistling::laugh:

7. mtbfan

mtbfan Member

Name:
    Sylvia
    Just for entertainment, I had to chime in. A few years back, we had a group that did a night ride at Blackstar. There was a no parking between 1opm and 4 am sign where 8 of us parked.
    We got back to the cars around 8pm, and we all had tickets. No biggie, I thought. Clearly, we were not parked there past 10pm, and the ticket was issued around 5:30pm. We all e-mailed or called to get the ticket waived (no brainer, right)? Those who called, got their tickets dismissed. Me and another girl made the mistake and e-mailed our request. They would not budge and told us we had to pay the ticket. I drove to Blackstar, took a picture of the sign, sent in a copy of my ticket with the 5:30pm time stamp, a copy of an article about the Mariposa preserve off Blackstar that encouraged people to park by the gate. Again, I was so prepared and had a slam dunk. Sure, it was a little bit of work on my part, but I was not going to pay a ticket that was clearly issued in error. Well, they stuck to their first response and told me, I could dispute the ticket in court for an additional $15 administration fee. I gave up at that point but could not believe how anyone could be so in the wrong, not admitting it and making me pay, when I had all the proof the ticket was not justified.

doublewide, bvader, herzalot and 9 others like this.
  8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Vassago/Trek
    I would have filed a complaint with the district attorney. Heck, I’d still do it even though the incident is one of the past. The city or county owes you a refund. I would have the names of those who gabe you a hard time about the error to share, too. Somebody needed a slap on the hand!

Also, I doubt a judge would have charged court fees when he realized the mistake that had been made.

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  9. mtbfan

mtbfan Member

Name:
    Sylvia
    I just did not want to take time off work to go to court, pay a possible $15 fee and still get the BS presented to me. It is just said to see they can get away with anything, even if it is clear as day that they were wrong. They ARE above the law.

mtnbikej and DangerDirtyD like this.
  10. H2oChick

H2oChick Well-Known Member

Name:
    K-Oss
    Similar to the tailgate bondage photo shoot we saw ?

doublewide, bvader, herzalot and 2 others like this.