New Member from the IE

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by trmn8er, Oct 5, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. trmn8er

trmn8er Member

Name:
    Ken
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Hey everybody. New here to this board, and hope to have as much fun on here as I have on another board. Met a lot of cool people, and many I ride with to this day. Always looking for riders for weekday rides, or early Sundays. I ride Marshall Canyon, Chino Hills, Skyline Trail, Tapia Canyon, Santiago area (Main Divide), Wrightwood, SART (Upper), and Sierra stuff too. I mostly ride XC/Trail stuff, but also like more AM type riding as well. Since I started MTB, I have lost 55-60 lb, and am now in good fitness for a 52 year old.

IMAG0115.jpg

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Welcome trmn8er!

Mikie here out of Frazier Park...
    Suhweet ride!
    I think you WILL like it here at imtbtrails.

It looks like we can cross paths, as I ride out in Wrightwood on weekend adventures as one of the Dirt Bags.
    Congrats on Mountain Biking saving your life like it did mine. I'm now 55 and been riding for 25 years...

Long live MTB on IMT... :lol:

~Mikie

PS: To get rid of the dotted line and the word "attachment" around the pick of your awesome steed, click on edit, place the curser where you want the pic to be, and then go down and click on the "Place inline" button below your file in File comments... It will then look like this: Well, it won't turn into my Yeti. Still be you bike :lol:

Yeti_001.jpg

3. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Welcome! Love your story on the weight loss, and I am around the same age, not that it matters. I too ride Wrightwood like today. Watch the board and maybe will ride together at some point?

4. trmn8er

trmn8er Member

Name:
    Ken
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Thank you both for the welcome. There is a guy on here I have ridden with a couple times, and I met a couple of his buddies whom I suspect are on here too. Super cool and we rode Wrightwood a few weeks back. I look forward to meeting some riders from on here. I am looking to ride the Cannell Trail in late October and looking to see who may be interested. It is a shuttle and I usually stay the night in Kernville one night and ride early the next morning coming home the same day. Who knows, maybe someone on here is interested. BTW, nice Yeti. I miss my dropper from my old Stumpy!

5. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    Fellow IE riders always welcome!

I haven't ridden any of those except SART and Skyline (Train?). If you don't mind showing me around, I'd love to check them out at least once. I've only moved to SoCal a few years ago, and usually ride solo locally just out of convenience, but would love to hook up with someone who knows where the good stuff is.

Edit: actually, I remember riding with ya. I was that armored up guy on the HT on SART, back when I expected to crash and break myself going at the speeds that I wanted to go at. I forgot your name, since it's been about a year or more and it was just that one time. I didn't know you were over 50.

trmn8er2.jpg

6. trmn8er

trmn8er Member

Name:
    Ken
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Typo on Skyline Train. Should have been Skyline Trail. :lol: :lol: I would be happy to show anyone around as I am so freaking addicted to riding and know many of these trails really well. I really enjoy riding with others. Which did you say you have ridden? Little confused by the post. I have Garmin data on all my rides, so I can send you a link to anything you may be interested in, and we can plan a ride. SART is amazing with quite a bit of exposure in places and very long depending on route, Skyline is above Corona and takes you up to Beek's Place, the Doppler Ball, and links to the Main Divide Trail.

7. trmn8er

trmn8er Member

Name:
    Ken
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Wow yea that was fun! My name is Ken. You were Zwee right? I am 52, but since you have seen me, I dropped another 25 lbs. Feel a LOT better, and down to 206 and 6'3. You were killing it. Cool seeing my old S-Works in the picture. That was a fun bike.

IMAG0344.jpg

8. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    Ah, that Skyline Trail, in Corona. I should've figured. I haven't rode that one, but I have ridden the Skyline at Big Bear. I'm not near many trails, since I'm in Perris. Sycamore Canyon (Riverside) is the closest one I can think of that is worth riding. Been only riding it monthly lately though. I've just been sticking to local dirt roads on weekdays, or just riding my beater bike on the pavement solo, which aren't very exciting, so I don't do it very often, unless I feel a need to train for some reason.

My riding is pretty sporadic, so I kind of have been hovering at the same fitness I've always been in, perhaps a bit lazier and a bit rustier since I haven't ridden much techy stuff in a long while. "Zwee" is how you pronounce "Duy". Duytan is my full first name, but I go by Dan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://app.strava.com/athletes/varaxis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://app.strava.com/athletes/varaxis</a>

9. trmn8er

trmn8er Member

Name:
    Ken
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Skyline is mostly just Fire-road climb, so not much fun. As you mentioned, I just do it for fitness. For fun, Wrightwood is really fun, kinda SART-like. Out near you, not too much I am familiar with, but if you want to travel a bit, let me know. There is good single-track up about Claremont too or even Bonelli and Tapia is a blast.

10. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    HB ,you rode with me and trm8r at Wrightwood, the day we met going down blue ridge when you and scottay were going up. :D

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?