New Hope Hubs!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnakeCharmer, Feb 19, 2023.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    "Pro 5 Hub is the only hub you will ever need". They told me that back in 2009 when I bought my Pro II. In fact it is still currently on the front of my SS.

I like the upgraded seals.

The improved POE.....while nice, not sure they are needed. Currently can't really tell the difference between the 44 of my Pro 4 vs. 108 of my I9.

3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Blasphemy! We all know that the more POE you have, the cooler you are! :cool:

4. redwoods

redwoods Well-Known Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Current Bike:
    Ridin' heavy
    Your calculus doesn't check out...I have ∞ POE. And it's...Me.

5. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I can't tell a difference between the Pro 2 and Pro 4 when riding, and that isn't a complaint. 2's are on my spare wheelset, 4's are on my current wheels.

40'ish POE is fine for me. Anything more than that is just noise. I do plenty enough tech and I haven't noticed a difference on my higher POE hubs.

herzalot, redwoods, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I have 2 sets of Hope Pro 4 hubs. One set probably has 12000 miles on, while the other is just getting broken in at close to 2000. I like the noise and the sealing better than the DT Swiss, and I have never lacked for engagement.

That said... If I build another set of wheels in the near future, that 5 will be at the top of the list. It's sexy. :inlove:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?