New Bike Day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by littlewave, Jul 5, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 6, Litespeed SS
    Haha, made you look.
    No new bike.
    72 days and still counting.........sheesh

2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Steve, while I don't need these for my bike, the brakes are pretty much done-for on my kid's... are these still available? I'm kinda' pissed at SRAM at the moment, but these would be a direct replacement. If so, I'd happily take them at this moment in time... Thanks either way!

3. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Update:
    It shipped this morning expected at the shop end of the day Thursday . . .

Danmtchl, bvader, Danimal and 5 others like this.
  4. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    Shipped! They should arrive in your hands today. I'm glad you can use them!

Danmtchl, Danimal, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Yo, @moderator, @Y-not, is abusing the NBD thread!!!!!!!! Do we need a new thread called “I Want Badly To Post In The New Bike Day Thread But I Won’t Because NBD Is Sacred And I Want To Make Friends”???

6. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Just don't banish me to the land of e-bikes.

Danmtchl, Danimal, ~JB~ and 6 others like this.
  7. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Bike #1 is good to go!!!

PXL_20210506_000644201.jpg

8. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    What's wrong with e-bikes? :whistling:

20200126_175136.jpg

9. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    That’s a souped up RandEEE bike at Tapia...:gag:

Danmtchl, Danimal and UPSed like this.
  10. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    And now bike number two is reassembled with the parts I pinched to put on bike number one. Rear brake is still a little bit laggy, but I want to flush and clean the pistons before I toss it.

Speaking of, I took the lever from bike number one to the shop today, they said that the piston was broken in the lever. So I guess that explains things!

PXL_20210506_002622203.jpg

Danmtchl, Danimal, Faust29 and 10 others like this.
  11. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I just received word that the color of my replacement triangle will be Licorice Black. Hopefully that means it will be here sooner than July.
    jet9rdo_frame_licoriceminjpg-1545861871809.jpg

~JB~, Danmtchl, Grassblade23 and 11 others like this.
  12. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Built up finally and a short shake down cruise. Nothing shook loose!

Basic drop-bar mountain bike. Room for 29+ tires on it, and routing for an internal dropper. I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to do the final build on it... I'm looking for for ultra-plush mixed surface bike vs. full on drop-bar MTB. Need to get the brake set up better, install a dropper (requires mix and match form a couple of bikes & parts bin), and thinking of different tires. But this is the basic build!

51177558336_b9b4103a2e_b.jpg

51176877722_e2e198ab8e_b.jpg

HBkites, ~JB~, kingaucho and 14 others like this.
  13. Grassblade23

Grassblade23 Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Surly Karate Monkey
    That's a handsome bike. Will the dropper be triggered by the front drop bar shifter?

Danmtchl, Faust29 and Cyclotourist like this.
  14. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Thanks, it's a good looking bike. Not sure what it's purpose will be, but hey, I've got a new bike! It's too heavy for a road bike, and I don't like drops off road. And really miss the interrupter levers that I can have with cable brakes. I'll throw some fancy tires at it and see if that makes it snappier on the road. I kinda' wish I got a Salsa Cutthroat instead, but I really like Black Mountain/Mike Varley bikes. It's just over-build for my needs.

The left brake doesn't have any internals, it's a dedicated 1X. So I'll need a remote. I'll need the remote of the boy's bike, as it'll fit, and then get a thumbie remote for him. Then take the Bike Yoke off my Stooge and use it with his remote on this bike. For the Stooge, I would need to put a new longer hose on the Reverb that I have otherwise ready to go. So a lot of juggling that I'll be putting that off for a while! I also have the 27.2 manual lever dropper that came on the boy's bike that I can use in the meantime. That'll probably go on first and if I'm honest, will stay for a while as I don't see doing all the above stuff anytime soon. Truly, first world problems.

15. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I was going to say, It looks like a classier Salsa gravel bike.

16. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    A heavier one, maybe! I want to run 2.35 tires on it, so have that covered. And then some!
    I now have three drop bar bikes, in light, medium, and heavy gauge! The goal is to narrow that down to two.
    Replacing one with a geared hard tail is the long-term plan as I miss having that since setting the Chameleon up SS. If Middle Child doesn't stick with the MTB life, I'll steal her bike when she splits for college.
    Still not 100% on the full rigid experiment. It's REALLY fun and casual to ride, but anything beyond casual ends up giving me a tweaked neck and related headache the next day. Inexpensive to buy and a parts bin build, so not hurting anything by keeping. The Tallboy is a perfect frame for me, but I want to get a lighter set of wheels on. Don't need the bruisers and I really noticed when I put those back on. It's a great do-everything bike, and I think the one I would keep if I had to discard the rest. Like I mentioned, definitely FWP and I'm aware of the silliness of having multiple toys in increasingly narrow niches. Great that I have the opportunity!

scan, Danmtchl, ~JB~ and 5 others like this.
  17. clydes001

clydes001 Member

Name:
    clyde
    Current Bike:
    cannondale m400 (classic)
    This is a little late, but it’s new bike day (+3), when I got home with it on Friday it was dark, so more difficult to take a photo. And I didn’t think to take a photo of it on our group trail ride on Saturday.

My new Kona Big Honzo Deluxe!

6A2A759C-DFB3-4FBE-9857-A2CE1DF502FD.jpeg

It was many months in the waiting process, but the fun of riding (and the humbling lessons of patience) have made it worth it! Handles so well on the trail!

18. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    Ten years ago, I thought I would go simple with a early 650-B Haro-Beasley. 1x and Rigid. Lasted two seasons before I put a squish fork on. One old nagging ailment after another started bugging me. Long stretches of chunky required rest stops. It's still going but I prefer FS for anything "ungroomy" be careful cyclo.

19. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    It's a good concept! The bike is hella fun, but I just can't push it. If I know the ride is going to be a cruise, then it's almost always the right bike!
    But yeah, squish is nice.

20. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Picked up the bike Saturday morning at La Habra Cyclery and headed out to Powder Canyon/Schabarum Park for a quicky first date.
    Ended up doing two loops to sort out the front suspension. Everything else fit like a glove and worked like a dream.
    My only mistake was on the first loop to try and ride this like my XC bike......attack the climbs. The only thing that went on attack was my heart. My monitor was buzzing all the way up to the white gate on the Powder Canyon side.
    I will not be having any KOM with it.
    It does climb, if you go slow and have a smooth pedal stroke. Ended with 2,100' of climbing and completly worn out.

I have been riding on 12 year old technology so to get on this bike, 1x11, 27.5 wheels, dropper seat post, 6" of suspension travel, Carbon frame, all I can say is WOW.
    I will have to put some riding time on it before I do 007 or Goat Mountain up here.

The last time I did "Chicken Run" (see picture) was 15ish years ago, so on the second lap I gave it a go and the bike was in it's home court to say. I was not worried one bit going down that bugger.

I thank my wife and kids for an early birthday present.

@mike, can I bee your friend now????

20210515_132821.jpg

20210515_144243.jpg

21. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Damn, that's a good-looking bike! Congrats!

Redman, Faust29, Cyclotourist and 2 others like this.
  22. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Can I assume it's a Pivot? Can't really read the brand with the black on grey.

Nice bike and congrats! :thumbsup:

Danmtchl and Faust29 like this.
  23. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Member

Name:
    Never will sellout
    Current Bike:
    Intense + Revel + Transition
    That is such a beautiful bike. Subtle graphics on the frame and fork. The wife & kids have excellent taste.

24. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Yes it is. Mach 6

bvader, Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  25. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Before the ride.

186522328_1667604530090495_7114076120272292423_n.jpg

26. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    She's a beauty! Congrats on the new love affair!

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist and Y-not like this.
  27. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Gorgeous bike, I like the black on black look too. Enjoy the rides!!

Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  28. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Killer!! :thumbsup:

Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  29. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Noooiicee! Mach 6 is my kinda bike! So refreshing to see here instead of all the low travel, no travel, no gears, hybrid, fireroad riding gravel grinders that seem to have taken over the forum. Your anti-anti-trend is a breath of fresh air!

~JB~, Sasquatch9billion, mike and 7 others like this.
  30. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Don’t you know, we’re all riding tandems now.

But seriously, I’m very much looking forward to my new mid-travel, geared, non-mullet bike getting off the boat sometime this summer.

Revel is still confirming July as my delivery timeframe...so there’s still time for the bike industry to obsolete the hub spacing and the brake mounts at least twice. I’m pretty sure 29er will still be a thing in two months, but I’m expecting head angles to get 2 degrees slacker in May and 3 degrees steeper in June.

Grassblade23, mike, Faust29 and 5 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?