Motorway maple springs reverse hike with lucy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by konakc, Feb 6, 2023.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Sat am corgi dog and I went on an adventure. Hiked up motorway. Cloudy then the sun came out. Walking up motorway much different then bombing down on th ripmo. Corgi had to stop and smell the flowers… the dirt and every random rock. She would peer over the edge and look towards Catalina or some far off ridge. Do dogs look at scenery? Does she enjoy far off ocean views? She sat and took a pee.
    After an hour plus we made it to the top. Someone planted a flag. I wouldn’t let her pee on the pole. Had to decide. Turn back down or really have an adventure and make it a loop? Still early. Cool weather. Short legs seemed good. On to the main divide. Met a pair of Mtbkers. Little legs put in some miles they said.
    about two hours later I thought we were near 4 corners. Corgi looking beat. My feet are beat. Didn’t have much water left. Was not drinking but giving the water to the dog. At one point she went under shade and sat down. We took break. Looked at snow capped peaks. Gave her the last of the water. One cookie left. Probably about 4 hours in. Where was 4 corners? I carried her around the a ridge. We saw moto laid down w a guy sitting. Lucy barked. Shut up dog. We helped him lift the moto. He shared his water. Lucy drank. I saved the rest for her. Strangers are good.
    We were getting closer. Could hear more moto sun the distance. A troop went by. I put her down. She bolted after them in a mad sprint. Why? She caught up to the last one. Moto sped up and away. Stupid dog was heavy. She walking now. I adrank the last of the water. She seemed fine. We finally saw 4 corners. There was a party of cars and motors and bikes. Not like the last time I was there on bike all alone except for a iPhone that I found
    This time people were drinking coors. Having lunch and taking pxs.
    Lucy and I had no water and some cookie crumbs. But we were elated!!!! finally we made it to 4 corners. All downhill now. Wow walking w a corgi is a lot slower than on a bike. I took some pxs. Lucy disappeared and found a family that gave us two cold bottles of the sweetest Aquafina. Fine water indeed. Lucy stole a kids string cheese. Kid started crying. Whoops. Time to go. Downhill either short cuts. Sunny. Not hot. Dusty. 4x4s nd motors were flying around and over and thru us. Whooeee. Ate some dust. This was gonna be brutal. A caravan of trucks were coming up. About 10 of them in a row. We hid on the side and covered our faces. Corgi literally put her paws over her mouth and nose. screw this. When the next car went our way I put my thumb up. Toyo 4 runner. He passed and stopped. An angel let us in. A kid. He was by himself just enjoying the outdoors. I love corgis he said. He drove us down to our car at the bottom of motorway. Lucy and I enjoyed sitting. We put our stuff away then walked back to a stream crossing. She jumped into the water and splashed around and drank from the clear cool stream. I took off my socks and let my feet freeze. I washed my face and neck. Then again. Lucy was now rolling on the road that had an inch or two of water flowing over it. Scratching or wading or both.
    we walked back to the car. She was filthy. But man I love this dog. no Mtbking but what an adventure. E5769471-8FD6-44F4-A916-7C29824B3265.jpeg

Oaken, BonsaiNut, Rumpled and 13 others like this.
  2. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
  3. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Flag near top

F505FBD4-9390-4F82-9601-2E3D9D3E873F.jpeg

E03B9B87-5B5C-4F87-9E27-7CB97B570BA1.jpeg

BDE807A7-A716-4264-ADDD-546393C2392D.jpeg

Oaken, Rumpled, herzalot and 18 others like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Wow... And Wow.

:thumbsup:

5. FizzyCola

FizzyCola Member

Name:
    Dr. Thunder
    First, 200 yards on the FLOOP on a cruiser without a helmet, and now this! o_O

Oaken, herzalot, Danimal and 9 others like this.
  6. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Awesome possum!
    Good adventure.

Old&InTheWay and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?