Mein verdämmter Volkswagen...

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Faust29, Sep 22, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    the engine noted, the 1.2 L has 74 Hp and 133 ft/lb of torque. It should be recalled just because of the offending low power numbers. I guess you can alway push it uphill if your in a hurry.

2. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    My neighbor races flat track motorcycles. He’s building a new bike based around a Yamaha twin engine. It puts out 107hp.

Cyclotourist and Faust29 like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You guys obviously never had the pleasure of driving a 1981 VW diesel pickup... I think it was 50 hp! 74 would feel like Formula 1. :eek:

On a side note, the power output was not the biggest drawback. The exposed fuel lines which would freeze while driving were... That usually happened several miles from home, and reduced the engine to a nice idle. :p

4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Oh actually I did drive a 1981 diesel VW pick-up, a lot.
    My second job was delivering parts for a VW dealer in Glendora and my parts truck was this wonderful piece of machinery. Slow enough to be dangerous, this "vehicle" would not go over 57 mph and that was flooring it! :gag:
    One time had to drive to Apple valley to deliver parts. After driving up the Cajon Pass at about 35 mph, I put it neutral for the descent into the desert. Managed to get it to coast at the extremely fast pace of 65. Red light in my rear view! :facepalm: F*ck....pull over for exceeding the 55 speed limit, while coasting! I asked the cop to drive this POS and if he can get it to go over 55 I'll not contest it. The officer was not amused. The one and only time that thing went that fast and it cost me.
    But it got like 40 mpg. Not a fair trade IMO.

5. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Yeah but how much torque?

Faust29 and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  7. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    herzalot, Faust29 and DangerDirtyD like this.
  8. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Talk about no power; our '63 Bug had an 1192cc a total of 34 HP. With a manual 4 sp tranny that was actually underdriven in the final gear. Pretty sure we could only get it up to 56mph.

Cyclotourist and UPSed like this.
  9. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    When I was a kid my cousin had just about every Mopar Muscle Car there was. The first time I got in the passenger seat of a Bug I asked why the speedometer only went up to 100? I thought all cars would do 150!

herzalot, Rumpled and Cyclotourist like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?