Man Down.......

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by mtnbikej, Mar 25, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Fuuuuuuuucccckkkk....Sorry dude. Don't go OTB, mmmkay? Glad you didn't do wrist AND jaw. Hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

Our sport sucks. On to Pickleball! Who's with me? :thumbsup:

Yeah - me neither. :confused: :stop:

Old&InTheWay, tick, solislbc and 3 others like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Just to wrap up this thread.

Went in for my 1 year checkup since the crash....well it's about 2.5 week early, but good enough.

X-rays look great.....break/bone is healed. He also didn't see much evidence of arthritis....but we both know it'll show up eventually.

Some of my lack of ROM is partially just scar tissue....I'm refocusing on trying to break that up.

Basically he said to get back at it. I told him I tested it out at the end of January and it held up fine. He said, the area around the break is really strong, the hardware is protecting it. "If it were to break again, it would most likely happen lower down the arm. Let's not test out that theory."

3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Good to hear. BTW, arthritis sucks. I can't bend my right arm past 90°. I'm guessing from an old injury.

4. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Good to hear @mtnbikej

Am about a year out from my disc rupture which leaked fluid into my spinal column which resulted in terrible nerve pain, bad tricep muscle atrophy in my right arm and several months of rehab and a near disc replacement surgery.

Luckily 2nd opinion said no! And this time this year I am pretty much healed.. operating at near capacity... Especially if I can lose a little of this extra weight.

So I'm with ya J.. time to move on!

Stkx66, Obsidian, Danimal and 7 others like this.
  5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Awesome, glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

Does this mean that I won't be able to stay on your tail on the next pass down San Juan? :p

6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

That was more an issue of the muscle above my shoulder. Still working on that one.

Bluesrider, bvader and UPSed like this.
  7. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Haha,
    the doctor said the same thing about my wrist and its hardware.. if it's going to break it will be further up the arm... hence my broken elbow....

Bluesrider, mtnbikej and Obsidian like this.
  8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Then yep, I can still keep up. :D

mtnbikej likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?