Lurker no more.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by socalpedalpusher61, Jul 14, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. socalpedalpusher61

socalpedalpusher61 Member

Name:
    Hugh Smitham
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz 5010
    Hello!

My bike therapist suggested I come here for group support in my addiction. Hi I'm Hugh and I'm a bike addict. Make no mistake I have no desire to kick this habit! So don't even try to do an intervention. You can thank Cyclotourist for letting me know about you dirt freaks.

Here's my latest ride.

Hope to ride with you all sometime in the near future.

~Hugh

Cyclotourist, Oaken, Cougar and 9 others like this.
  2. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Sweet! This place is run by the patients anyways, so welcome!

Oh wait, being a patient would imply that i'm under some doctor's care :cautious::unsure:

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    The first step is admitting you have a problem. And what a problem to have.

Welcome aboard.

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @socalpedalpusher61 Welcome to the best little MtB forum this side of the Atlantic (or Pacific for that matter ). :thumbsup: Is the 61 your YoB? If so, you will fit right in. Bunch of "mature" gentlemen on this site. And me. :whistling:

The riding addiction has been known to drain bank accounts, strain relationships and ruin professional behavior. It's as addictive as crack, but three times as expensive. There is no antidote and no cure. The addict always wants more, and N+1 is only one part of the psychological symptoms. Extreme cases include eliminating derailleurs and/or riding with @mtnbikej. Certain strains of the addiction include dressing as stormtroopers, buying lift passes and visiting urgent care. Some have been known to peruse and post on mtb forums several times per day - even cross-posting between sites. Pathetic and sad (cue Sara McLachlin - Angel).

Glad to hear you are an addict :confused: Now go get some singletrack therapy! o_O

PS: I see you are already afflicted by looking at the model of bike you ride. Sounds more like a zip code. Perhaps it's a clever reference to a defunct television series, or maybe it should be a 5150...:oops:

scan, Cougar, DangerDirtyD and 5 others like this.
  5. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Welcome Hugh. Nice new ride! I think, if you're the Hugh I'm thinking about that I've read your blog.

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Welcome to the asylum... No Big Nurse in sight!

I've ridden with @Cyclotourist a couple of times now... And there's even a rumor that he's wandering the trails of south Orange County as we speak. Were you out there for the Strada Sterrata? Or the Strada Rossa?

Mikie likes this.
  7. socalpedalpusher61

Name:
    Hugh Smitham
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz 5010
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, @herzalot, Chris yep that's my YOB and still rolling, haha 5010 is kinda like a zip code, the short bus kind ;^)

@Sasquatch9billion Trinidad Yes I've been known to clutter the blogosphere with some ramblings, backed off some these days but hope to continue as long as it's fun and not a labor.

@Faust29 Hi Steve, I've ridden all three years of the Strada Rossa and loved them all, one of these years I'll do the Serrata. Short story, I rehabbed my old Salsa Ala Carte and have been enjoying MTB dirt; however as @herzalot noticed I'm of the mature set and the body would like some damping and increased braking. I've been pondering the benefits of modern MTB tech, disc brakes and dual suspension especially after riding Los Penasquitos Canyon and Marin Counties Pine Mountain Truck Trail and the fabled Repack. With the co dependent assistance of @Cyclotourist putting me on the scent of the Santa Cruz SOLO err 5010 I drove to Paso Robles this past Saturday and met a fellow from San Jose and picked up his never ridden 2015 5010 for an exception value. Truth be told I just missed out on a 2015 Trek Remedy 9.27.5 in the O.C. for $2800 that was a sweet bike!

Now I just need to ride the bike I've got.

Cheers,

~Hugh

Cyclotourist, herzalot, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Welcome into the light, Hugh.

I'm an OC guy that ventures out when possible. Hope to share some SoCal dirt with ya...

Mikie likes this.
  9. socalpedalpusher61

Name:
    Hugh Smitham
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz 5010
    @mike Thanks and looking forward to sharing some dirt with ya.

~Hugh

mike and Mikie like this.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Welcome @socalpedalpusher61 !
    Congrats on coming out of the singletrack closet!
    Dirt therapy is a good thing and I think you will find this the place to be for those creative blogish juices...
    I'm all over the place as far as where I ride.
    I look forward to hitting dirt in a theater near you!

Mikie
    Life is short . . . Ride Lots!:thumbsup:

Cyclotourist, herzalot and mike like this.
  11. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    welcome noob to this site and vet to mtb.
    keep on pedaling.

12. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I've been bugging @socalpedalpusher61 to check out the IMTBTrails site for a while, gently prodding with a link and a suggestion now and then. Looks like it's paid off, as he's now a bonafide member and in possession of a rad bike!

Mikie likes this.
  13. socalpedalpusher61

Name:
    Hugh Smitham
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz 5010

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?