Looking to rent/borrow hitch mount bike carrier for Memorial weekend.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redman, May 25, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    My 8 yr old son and I are going on a Scout camping trio this weekend to Schoepe Scout Reservation @ Lost Valley this coming weekend. I just got the weekend guide and they encourage us to bring bikes because the camp site is quite large. I have full size truck w/ standard bed. But, with all the camping gear (tent, coolers, bags, cooking stuff, etc.) I am worried that I wont be able to fit two bikes in the bed of my truck.

SO.... are any of you kind and generous mountain bikers willing to rent out (or loan ;) ) out a two bike hitch mounted rack? I have a two inch hitch receiver. If you are willing to loan out, I am MORE than willing to leave collateral or cash or whatever. I live in Cypress and work in Santa Ana/Tustin.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
  3. OTHRider

OTHRider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '18 Salsa Cutthroat
    I wouldn't worry too much if you can't take your bikes. Yes, it would be nice but I've had scouts up there for 5 different summer camps and never a complaint about walking. They usually ran all the way to the mess hall. Also, the only "Missing Scouters" we ever had during camp was two dads who went mountain biking and got lost. Found them around midnight half frozen. Enjoy the remote & special place in SoCal - it's worth the long drive in.

herzalot, Oaken, Mikie and 1 other person like this.
  4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r

good to know. i will definitely take that into consideration.:thumbsup:

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  5. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    PM sent

Runs with Scissors likes this.
  6. uzziboy

uzziboy Member

Name:
    aaron
    Current Bike:
    Intense tracer 275 carbon
    PM sent

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?