Looking for opinions on Sky Park Bike Park....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtbMike, Apr 10, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Has anybody ridden at the Sky Park Bike Park up in Big Bear at the old Santa's Village? I'm not normally a "park" guy but it seems to get good reviews and I'm just thinking about checking it out to try something different. If you've tried it out, how long did the place hold your attention before you got bored?

kioti likes this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I haven't ridden it, not my thing, but if you search "skypark" on this site you'll get the opinions of those who have.

Lots of good info but it's scattered among different threads.

mtbMike and kioti like this.
  3. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    Go check it out, it's a hoot! I got tired way before I got bored with the place. You have about an 8 minute climb to the trailheads and when you do a bunch of laps, it wears you out! The place has good food and beer too! It's a nice way to spend the day in the mountains, so go do it!

Here's some of my friends from Sunday, Girl Train! Choo Choo! Oh and Sam...

Instagram Link

4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Thanks, I tried with Sky Park separated and mostly received replies related on where to park at different ride sites and nothing compared to THE park.

Cyclotourist likes this.
  5. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    If I can get my friends to open their wallet, I'll go check it out. Bonus for me, this weekend it's only $10 for First Responders. :thumbsup:

6. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Just go up there for a day. If it sucks there is plenty of other stuff to ride in the area.

doublewide likes this.
  7. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    I'm going on Thursday for the first time. I'm so excited I think I'm going full pull and buying the season pass first trip. This will be my haven in the hot summer.

LLPoolJ, Cyclotourist and mtbMike like this.
  8. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Report back!!

Cyclotourist likes this.
  9. Spend a full day there. It’s very fun and enjoyable. I can’t wait to go back. The format is short trails, but in my opinion that’s a benefit because laps are how i learn how to progress my riding. It’s a none park guys park. Good burgers to.

Cyclotourist and herzalot like this.
  10. By the way, i just heard Hans ray on a Pod cast say “sky park has the best jumpline in California”

11. Ebruner

Ebruner Well-Known Member

Name:
    Erik Bruner
    Current Bike:
    22' Nomad, 22' Trance x 29
    I love that place, converted my single day into a full year pass the first time i went.

herzalot, Cyclotourist and doublewide like this.
  12. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Worth every penny...if you get the season pass. My buddies and I go up at least twice a month. It has definitely improved my jumping ability. I’ll be up there on Sunday, with my buddies and our kids.

Nothing too crazy, every jump can be rolled if needed and they work really hard up there to keep the lips and landings nice.

herzalot and Cyclotourist like this.
  13. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    This thread reminded me I haven't been back to SkyPark since late fall. I think I'll go this weekend. I converted my day pass to an annual the first time I went and have probably been back 8-10 times since mid-summer.

I agree with everything said above. I'm not a bike park guy, but at SkyPark you earn your turns so it seems like a typical weekend ride on really good trails. My jumping skills have improved from nonexistent to hitting the whole Jumpline. Jumpline is definitely the best trail there, but the other trails are all fun in their own way.

The village is a good place to get lunch midday before heading bank out for round 2. Great vibe in the whole park.

doublewide, herzalot and Cyclotourist like this.
  14. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Just go, you won't be disappointed. Love the place myself. All different styles of trails. Even did an XC race there last fall.

mtnbikej, doublewide and Cyclotourist like this.
  15. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    First time at Sky Park was yesterday. I had a blast. The trail system is great. All levels of trails for all types of riders. I plan on bringing my 71yr old father to check it out when he visits. I know @George will be bringing his son to shred with us too. The jumps and features on blue and single black trails are ideal for building confidence.

Thursday is probably the best day to ride there. Small crowds so wide open trails. $10 Burger fry and beer special. Everything on the menu is $8-$12 regular so it's not too bad on the wallet.

$49 to get in $250 for the annual pass. You can upgrade a day pass if you fall in love like me. Entry includes all attractions (zip-lines, rock wall, skating, pedal go-karts)

17348.jpeg

17346.jpeg

17325.jpeg

20180412_145059.jpg

20180412_110657.jpg

20180412_144206.jpg

no worries, littlewave, UPSed and 8 others like this.
  16. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    For those that may not be aware, it's $39 if you pay in advance online. Sign up to follow them on Instagram and FB where they advertise specials. Two weeks ago it was $10 for teachers all weekend and this weekend it's $10 for First Responders.

Cyclotourist, Luis and Voodoo Tom like this.
  17. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    They recently got a few santa Cruz Bronsons to add to their demo fleet as well.

18. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    It's a' Luigi!

doublewide likes this.
  19. Rider

Rider Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Mike Miller
    We ride it all the time. I have a season pass. Really fun trails but the double black diamonds are a little tough for non jumpers. Comet and Jumpline I think are the 2 that gave me some problems but I've done them a couple times now and they do get easier.

20. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Another Mike! Hi Mike! Welcome to the best little MtB Forum this side of... somewhere! :thumbsup:

Cyclotourist likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?