Looking for: Good, honest mechanic in the SGV

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Sasquatch9billion, Mar 28, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I've been spoiled all of my life and I realize this now. Since I started driving at 16 I've had my dad's mechanic in Fountain Valley. This man works hard, he works fast, and it's always done right. The guy's worked on every car in our family since I was a kid. But, it's a looong drive from SGV to FV.

I'm loyal, I don't ask for "discounts," or "a deal." I just want someone nearby that will be straight with me about what I need and what it will cost. I have ZERO mechanical knowledge or ability. I don't mind paying for synthetic oil or better tranny fluid if it means our cars will run better and longer.

As much as I hate to do it, I need to find a good mechanic close to home. If you're in the SGV (preferably Pasadena/Alhambra) Please, help a brother out.
    tumblr_mw7v5hcr8R1rcaovvo1_500.jpg

2. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  3. Thrshr01

Thrshr01 Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Tracy
    Current Bike:
    Intense Carbine
    Quick tip, synthetic oil or higher cost fluids are not needed unless your vehicle specifically calls for it and the fluids used meet manufacturers specs.

Walk in shops and talk to the service writer/owner and find out what their recommendations are for service/regular maintenance. If they start selling you products/service more than recommended by your manual, turn around and leave.

4. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Here's one down the street for yah" My father inlaw and wife have used this mechanic for over 20yrs. A Auto Repair, ask for David! (626/284-8482) 125 W. Las Tunas dr.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?