Looking For: 27.5 front wheel with 9mm QR

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by skyungjae, Apr 13, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Does anyone have a 27.5" front take off wheel (9mm QR) they can donate for a good cause?

A buddy of mine had his Giant Roam stolen from his garage a few months back. At this point, it's probably never going to be recovered. :(

I have a spare frame and literally everything I need minus a front wheel to put together a gift bike for him.

I'm hoping some of you may have upgraded to a thru axle front fork/wheel and don't need it anymore.

Thanks,

John

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Not I . . . Said the fly.
    Still a 26'er. Sorry!
    And real sorry about your buddies loss...makes me angry!:mad:

Danmtchl likes this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I gave my 27.5 wheel stuff to knuckles.

Damn good of you to bro down your bro. :thumbsup:

Cyclotourist, Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I've got lots of other parts, but not that. I frankly didn't know anybody ever spec'd a 27.5 wheel with a standard quick release hub.

Cyclotourist, Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  5. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I have a set of brand new hubs that you can have. They are brand new Sun Ringle Dirty Fleas. It's not a wheel but it's a start. They are 9mm centerlocks. I may even have the rotor which is brand new.

6. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    Wow, thanks for the quick replies. Surprisingly, there are quite a bit of entry level 27.5 bikes out there that have qr hubs front and rear.

I think I'd end up spending more money if I started out with hubs. Thanks though.

Perhaps I should chart the build progress. A lot of it are lightly used take offs from entry level bikes. Cable brakes, suntour spring fork, 3x9 shimano drivetrains, etc. It's not going to be great, but it'll get him back out there.

7. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
  8. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    I've got a pair of Stan's Arch 27.5 32 hole rims (thanks to @mike ) that I'm not going to use in the foreseeable future. If you want to mate those to the hubs @Danmtchl mentioned above (not sure if his hubs are 32 hole tho). Would just cost you spokes and nipples and the build if you don't/can't do it yourself.

PS-I've got a used icetech centerlock rotor you can have too, it's a 180.

skyungjae and Mikie like this.
  9. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    No help in having an extra unfortunately, but they used to be pretty available. QBP used to have some real good offerings of LX q/r hubs, and various 27.5 rims, right around $120-$150 a wheel. A quick search didn't turn up anything now though.

I have a set with q/r, got 'em used, so don't know if they were custom or from a catalog. XT hubs, Velocity Blunt rims. Work great for me as I swap them out onto a CX bike that can fit the 2" 27.5 tires.

11845733985_5f9160dd15_c.jpg

10. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    If OP knows anyone who works in a shop, that has a J&B account, they could get a set pretty cheap with a quick release.

Of you could build the wheels with my hubs and Mike's flow rims, that would be great wheelset. Just need someone to donate spokes and labor.

11. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    13063097_10208398976439212_7178638185110691890_o.jpg

I ended up just picking up a front wheel on eBay for about $45 shipped. Nothing fancy, actually pretty bottom of the barrel, but this will get my friend back on two wheels for the time being.

Danmtchl likes this.