Long Weekend Tahoe Trip . . . anyone?

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Mikie, Jul 20, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Curse --->SCAN THE MAN!<--- (If I could make it BLINK.....I would... :lol: )
    All I have been thinking about lately is going to Tahoe because of his Ride Report. I even put it here: http://imtbtrails.com/magazine/?p=871 in the magazine!

So I'm thinking of picking a non holiday weekend and leaving with Mrs. Watson like on a Wednesday morning in Truck and Travel Trailer. Staying at a full hook up site close to trailheads. Riding Thursday, Friday, and Saturday then coming back on Sunday...

Mrs. Watson just likes the ambiance, reads book, takes long walks on the beach, blah blah blah... Me? I go mountain biking.

Just throwing it out there, never been there (to mountain bike). I'm going to contact Stepper and get the low down on the rundown...

Lemme know!

Mikie

2. j-chap

j-chap Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    YETI SB66
    Mikie,

I could do that. I live in Minnesota right now working an internship, but ill be visiting my sister in Chicago after, and then doing a road trip back to Humboldt stopping and mountain biking / camping on the way.

Ill be in Fruita, CO on Monday and Tuesday, but I could meet you in Lake Tahoe at a campground on Wednesday, August 20th ride Thursday and Friday then i would leave Friday afternoon after our ride or Saturday (its only 6 or 7 hrs to home).

Would love to meet up if possible, and hopefully some more dirtbags will join.

Josh

3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    j-chap!
    Good to hear from you bro...
    That may just work out. Let me check work schedule and with Mrs. Watson...
    Nice!
    Thanks for the reply buddy..
    Mikie

4. j-chap

j-chap Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    YETI SB66
    How is it possible that only two people want to ride amazing trails in Lake Toahoe!!

anyway, if it doesn't work out no big. See you dirtbags in December haha.

5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Is there still a glimmer of hope? When are these dates?

6. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    There is a glimmer of hope. I'm cutting other things right now to afford this and get it arranged...

7. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Glimmer of hope for Tahoe has been dashed! Mini Cooper just went back into the shop . . . again. :cry:

8. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I would love to go to Tahoe, I have a friend who lives up there and show us around. But I just got back from 3 weeks of vacation and have ran out of vacation funds to do so. Maybe in a month or two.

9. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Hope you get it fixed quickly and cheaply.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?