Little Diddy About Mikie and Bikie

I step away from the site for a couple of months and look what happens! :)

Let me summarize:
Concrete step
Manual
Lift rear
Wet
Steel cable
Doctor
Titanium plate

Looking forward to the rehab photos! I would think at this point your neighbors would be wondering after they keep seeing you hobbling around on the gravel by your house!
Yeah… well. Sometimes I have to remind myself I am mortal…
Like I told the recovery nurse after surgery, “My plan is to do a Brody up to my coffin and fall in, my body totally trashed! I have a new one waiting for me in the afterlife.” :whistling:

Day 4 Billion… ;)
Tossed on my sneakers and went up stairs to the gym.
Did my bench, curls, and tri’s, then stepped onto the elliptical. The stiffest setting isn’t very stiff to slow the rotation down, so I did my normal 9.8 mph, heart rate “claimed” 170 bpm. However, my Garmin watch said 103. I did 10 minutes.

The only irritation was the shoe rubbing on my still healing incision.

The light just revealed itself at the end of the tunnel. ;)

View attachment 91963
For a second there I thought the magazine on your coffee table was a Cosmopolitan.

Did you figure out what magazine it really is?
I think so:
SXYPA5PJFZHQPHHATNMWOFIXEM.jpg

Yeah… well. Sometimes I have to remind myself I am mortal…
Like I told the recovery nurse after surgery, “My plan is to do a Brody up to my coffin and fall in, my body totally trashed! I have a new one waiting for me in the afterlife.” :whistling:

I have similar plans because "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and beat up shouting "Holy Crap, what a ride!"

Going to the Doc’s… again.
Diagnosed with a bizarre thingy. A thing called Patella Clunk. Look it up…
Aftermarket knees that can develop scar tissue that interferes with the knee cap as the knee flexes during cycling. …or when you stand up out of a chair, or the toilet, or… well you get the picture. Not the toilet one I hope.
Let you know how THAT goes… :whistling:

Going to the Doc’s… again.
Diagnosed with a bizarre thingy. A thing called Patella Clunk. Look it up…
Aftermarket knees that can develop scar tissue that interferes with the knee cap as the knee flexes during cycling. …or when you stand up out of a chair, or the toilet, or… well you get the picture. Not the toilet one I hope.
Let you know how THAT goes… :whistling:
I'd imagine that the doc can remove excess scar tissue via arthroscopic surgery?

Yup! Just left.
It is covered.
Scheduled for Friday May 31st.
Simple procedure, and recovery is about 2 weeks.
Fingers crossed.
Wow! What? That was fast! My doc requires another MRI If I want my knee worked on plus another 4-6 week wait before surgery. You must have gone to your appointment looking grey while holding your knee (s) with a look of grimace on your face.

Wow! What? That was fast! My doc requires another MRI If I want my knee worked on plus another 4-6 week wait before surgery. You must have gone to your appointment looking grey while holding your knee (s) with a look of grimace on your face.
Actually..
This dude was totally cool. His wife is a mountain bike coach for a high school race team, his kids are all mountain bikers. I just he work on me as if I was a Ferrari and not a Volkswagon and he said I got your back Brothah.
It’s very different here.

ARKANSAS:

I've been watching high speed police pursuit videos on YT. It seems that the majority of them are from Arkansas and what shakes my soul is the speed at which the law enforcement in that state will perform a PIT maneuver. Just WOW?! o_O

Arkansas IS NOT a good state to flee from the police in. :eek::laugh:

Mikie, any input on the subject?

Back