laser attack successful

Discussion in 'Health' started by blixet, Feb 12, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Figured I'd put this where it belongs, sort of. Had the redo on the big black stone. Supposedly he got it all and its little brother... a 2-fer Tuesday don't you know. Restented and schedule for that to be removed this coming Weds which should bring this sad saga to a close.

As to the recovery, full power bitch slapped up one side and down the other. Since it was markedly like the first go round when I thought (wrongly) I'd been infected with a nasty gain of function virus in the hospital, I suspected the antibiotic I was prescribed and dutifully started when I got home. By the third day of incapacitation, feeling like the Russian Secret Service had poisoned me with the new and improved dissident canceller (hey boys - just joking, I mean I like vodka and all) really felt like an electromagnetic storm going off full blast inside of me. A deeper look into the side effects of Macrobid - nasty, nasty stuff - I had a majority of them and not the mild variety. Immediately, decided to pull the plug on that Friday morning and it has taken this long since the last dose (Thurs night) to clear it enough from my system to be able to type. Yesterday, I literally wouldn't have been able to successfully type a single word without it looking like a cross-eyed monkey was at the key board.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474rp17nthylnkocujr6e5wqipt450o3gou80f9cfm&rid=giphy.gif

~JB~, Walleye, Bluesrider and 15 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    What an ordeal. o_O
    I am sincerely hoping you are on the proper side of all of this now and will heal quickly and completely. I love that you are able to infuse some humor into your posts despite the hell you are going through. :thumbsup:

Bluesrider, Oaken, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  3. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Thanks for your support. I hope you are hanging in there during your recovery as well. I guess at this point all I can do is keep on grinnin'. And think about riding soon as well.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  4. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Have the doctors told you how to prevent these stones from happening in the first place? Asking for a friend. :cautious:

~JB~, Fueledbyex8, Bluesrider and 5 others like this.
  5. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Drs. - :mad: Don't want to go down that road. In short, no. They are not loquacious. I think seriously that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Obviously, drinking plenty of water is a top priority. Maybe some effect from diet if you are prone, which you probably won't find out until you wake up with a red hot poker in your side. I guess I could ask and see what he has to say. Someone else hopefully can chime in with what they've learned.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  6. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    I read online that citrus might help. Between @UPSed and your horror stories, I sure don't want one. Ever.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  7. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    I don't know about that. I think it'll be a good question to ask on Wednesday. It's like trying to squeeze piss from the buffalo on an old nickel to get this urologist's office doctors to dole out any words when they can avoid it. They make their money by triple booking the 15 minute appointment slots and if you blink your eyes you might miss your opening.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  8. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    My wife had terrible kidney stones during her Ironman years. I think she’s had a few minor attacks since then.

Hydrate. If we were out on a long ride, i was always the one looking for a place to refill both bottles, and she’d never be down more than half on her first bottle.

The citrus recommendation works too. The doctors prescribed my mom potassium citrate for her stones. There’s as much in one tangerine a day as there is in her $100/month prescription, though there is research that taking it straight is more effective. But for that price, maybe just drink a couple big gulp cups of lemonade a day and see if that helps.

Walleye, Bluesrider, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I have found that dehydration, combined with too much carbinated drinks are my achilles.

I posted this in the other thread, but it is a worthy viewing.....they do a great job explaining all about them.....

Oaken, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  10. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    If you're taking a boatload of vitamins and minerals every day and you have kidney stone issues, stop taking them or back off and see it that helps. If this ends up being the cause, then something you're taking in is more than your body needs.

Bluesrider, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  11. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    This. Several years ago, for whatever reason, my cardiologist at the time, told me to take vitamin D3 5,000 IU. After my first kidney stone, I did a little Google research and found that too much vitamin D can cause kidney stones. I thought maybe it was coincidence so I didn't stop taking it until I had my second bout where I passed two kidney stones. So far so good. Only time will tell if it was the vitamin D was causing the kidney stones.

12. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Interesting. I take 3,000 IU of Vitamin D every day. I do drink a Sh!t ton of water though.

13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I think 3,000 is a safe amount. I take a multivitamin and I'm outside all day so not sure if I actually need more than that. I also drink at least a gallon of water a day.

14. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Got the stent out yesterday. Other than a long wait in the exam room with my drawers dropped it was a piece of cake. My internal stanchion is viable and not too scratched up. :thumbsup: Asked the $64k crypto question about what to do to avoid stones in the future. His initial reaction was sort of a wry grin and a subtle chuckle. I took that to mean now that I had started down the trail filled with chunky baby heads, I might as well expect more bouncy rides ahead. I pressed on. He shrugged, "lots of water." OK then, roger that. I drink lots of water, never had a problem. Drank lots of water and then had a problem. So looks like the typical coin toss of life. Who the helck knows? My take away is to now shut up and ride. :confused:

15. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I assume that you take the extra D to boost your immune system?

Mikie and Obsidian like this.
  16. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Yep. I probably get enough D from the sun, but I started taking the D supplement in the early days of Covid. I don't want to trigger anyone, but there's an interesting relationship between Covid deaths and lack of Vitamin D.

Danimal, Mikie, MolarM and 1 other person like this.
  17. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Yes, Ive heard about that. I wonder if that stands for most anything that could cause severe illness. Its my understanding that the current recommended daily allowance of D is lower than what doctors are now suggesting. Multivitamins reflect the current daily allowance. Perhaps the connection between covid and a lack of D will trigger a new, higher level of recommended daily allowance of D.

18. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    I know certain doctors recommend a massive amount of Vitamin D ... much more than I take. Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the Joe Rogan podcast is where I first heard about it. I figure it can't hurt, but everyone should do their own research, LOL.

Mikie and UPSed like this.
  19. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Theres a fine line between what your body can use, what is recommended, and how your body handles the excess, if any. Hence, in some cases, kidney stones.

20. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    That's what I was told by Dr. Google after I passed a couple of kidney stones within a few days of each other last year. Too much vitamin D.

Mikie, mtnbikej and Obsidian like this.
  21. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I get better prescriptions from Dr. @Voodoo Tom .

@blixet I'm so glad you are getting through this. You are a person of great character to deal with it in a humorous way. Thanks for being here my man! You help me keep a balance in my own life from your perspective! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

herzalot, blixet, UPSed and 1 other person like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?