Kuat Sherpa 2.0

Discussion in 'Bike Racks' started by Sasquatch9billion, Nov 5, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    This is my second kuat rack. My original Sherpa met an abrupt and violent end at the hands of an unlicensed, underinsured driver.

I picked-up the newest version this week. I like that the new model has a semi-integrated lock. The whole thing seems a little more robust with a minimal weight gain. I bought the original Sherpa because it was the lightest weight rack on the markers at about 28 lbs. this model is supposed to be about 30 lbs. I think.
    It was a little bit harder to assemble than their instructional video leads one to believe. But I figured it out.

My wife wanted to get a ride in for her birthday so we loaded the skinny tired bikes and headed to Azusa to ride the river trail.

This updated model is a bit more stable than the previous one. It had minimal play over freeway bumps etc. the lock in the rack is awesome too. We stopped by congregation for a drink and a Nosh after the ride, I just mcguyvered two cables together and locked them into the rack (see image.) it's definitely nice not having to crawl under the car to lock the bikes to the hitch pin like on the original Sherpa.
    The lever to tilt the rack with your hand or foot is nice, it feels more solid than the old hand lever that you had to kneel to reach. So, after one drive I'm pretty pleased with it. Maybe tomorrow I'll put the fun bike on it;)

IMG_1046.JPG IMG_1040.JPG IMG_1056.JPG IMG_1052.JPG

mtnbikej, rossage, scottay and 10 others like this.