Kona Wah Wah II's

Discussion in 'Flats' started by Derkderkall, Apr 16, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Have put just over 30 miles on these now, and so far I'm pretty happy. I had some trouble installing them, but that was mainly due to needing my crank re threaded. Keep in mind the interior is bolt only so you can't use a spanner to install, only an allen key. Just make sure to throw on a washer and you are good to go.

The platform is nice and wide, so it really supports my size 13 freeriders, which is the main reason I chose these pedals over their race fest competition (chesters run a little smaller apparently). Pins are long, and sharp, but most importantly easily replaceable. Feel light weight, and have a slim profile.

The pedals feel very grippy when pedaling. I think I would really have to push it to lose contact and have my foot slip off. That being said, with some practice it is possible to reposition my feet without too much trouble. We don't really have wet conditions a lot here, so haven't tested in that regard, but I have done some stream crossings and didn't notice a difference. The pedals rest almost against the crank arm, but with a washer they spin fine without interference.

These are composite, so as far as durability that will be a long term review, but so far I have bashed them on a curb and a rock without incident.

My shoes are getting up there in years, but I'm pretty sure these pedals are responsible for a few chunks of rubber coming off.

Any other questions, drop em and I'll do my best to answer.

2. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Ok
    So after about 2, years I've partially destroyed one of these pedals.
    Still love them, great for big feet, grippy, b but my experiment with composite pedals is over. This bike is soon being converted to the family ride bike.... But will almost definitely replace with the alloy version when I get a new bike... Unless I get a good offer on one up flats...

IMG_20200209_065508.jpg

3. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Gotta Say ..... really like my 1 Ups so far.... contact points are important.... super solid....

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?