Just pulled the trigger on an SB130. Stoked!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by solislbc, Jun 15, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    54 rolls slower, is louder and wears quicker - but if you like engagement quicker than 10 degrees, Go for it.

solislbc, Mikie, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Yeah, that looks clean. Is that an option, or, did you just peel off all of the decals?

3. solislbc

solislbc Well-Known Member

Name:
    El
    Current Bike:
    2001 GT Zaskar
    It comes that way. They gave me a sheet of decals that I probably will not apply.

4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    This is pretty much the look on the entire line-up now. The graphics are on the top tube facing up...

tick, herzalot and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  5. solislbc

solislbc Well-Known Member

Name:
    El
    Current Bike:
    2001 GT Zaskar
    Ride report: Wow!!!
    So coming off my 26” stump jumper that weighs 26 pounds, I was really worried that it was going to take me a while to adjust to a bike that had longer travel and an additional 6 pounds.

Thankfully, not the case. I was climbing way more efficiently and shredding (my version) downhill. I thought it was a gimmick when everyone kept telling me this bike would make me a better rider. It just might.

12 miles and 2100 feet at Turnbull today.

7062759E-0BA8-46F5-813D-7D850C80230C.jpeg

Cyclotourist, CBone, mtnbikej and 7 others like this.
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    6 lbs??!!!:eek: . I jumped 3 lbs when I went from my 160-160 Tracer 27.5 to my 160-160 Megaplower 29er. I thought that was a lot - but it climbs much better than the Tracer on smooth moderate grades.

So yeah, it's amazing how well these modern (post 2018 ish?) bikes climb. And Switch Infinity is not a gimmick - it's phenomenal. Maybe not as plush off the top as others, but so efficient everywhere in its travel whether accelerating, braking or landing the gnar. :thumbsup:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?