Joplin Trail Work 01-22-2022

Discussion in 'Trail Maintenance' started by mtnbikej, Jan 18, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Give up a day and lend a hand.

All the info is in this post:

WS - Joplin Trail trail work day
    WHAT: Tread work on Joplin Trail
    WHEN: Saturday 2022-01-22
    WHERE: Staging from Maple Springs lower trailhead
    TIME: 7:30 am sharp
    Tools will be provided. It is of tantamount importance that everyone RSVP to ecksteinly29@gmail.com so that enough tools will be brought out.

Shouldn't have to be said, but here it is anyways: carpool to the staging area, as parking is limited, even on the Forestry side of the gate.

The plan: we will carpool in the least amount of vehicles up Maple Springs, then up Main Divide to Joplin. Driving up by 8:00 am.

The focus is to mitigate the water erosion caused by the Dec 14 and subsequent storms. Additionally, address any damage caused by the knuckleheads on motos.

The scope of the work is to cover at least the top .8-mile, which takes us down to what I call the "old growth" section, where are the big trees.

If we have enough volunteers, then by all means we will continue past the old growth section and work down as far as we can in the given amount of time.

All volunteers will meet back up on the Main Divide by 1:30 pm for the drive back down. Keep this in mind as you're working, to allow enough time to hike back up to the vehicles.

I'll be up there Sunday night and the holiday Monday morning on the mtb, riding down Joplin, scouting out areas of concern.

Anyone wishing to join me on the overnight bikepacking on Modjeska Peak, email me at the aforementioned email address.

I'll send out an assessment email on what are the current trail conditions later Monday afternoon.

Who's in?

ciao,
    Keith Eckstein

When Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:30am – 8am Pacific Time - Los Angeles
    Where Maple Springs Trailhead, 31332 Silverado Canyon Rd, Silverado, CA 92676, USA

bvader, ~JB~, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    B086CE30-A887-4851-83CA-D85443FD5050.jpeg

herzalot likes this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    If they could drop a large tree across the trail, that would be great... :thumbsup: :laugh:

herzalot, mike, Rumpled and 1 other person like this.
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    bringing an ax with me.

Faust29, herzalot, mike and 1 other person like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?