Jenks lake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThomasF, May 28, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. ThomasF

ThomasF Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pivot
    Wanted to go out for a few days noticed some camping around Jenks lake anyone have anything to share on this area.

2. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Tom, there are some yellow post sites but they are up near Heart Bar campground. There is a lot of private property closer to Jenks lake / Barton flat and it looked like most gates were locked when I drove through there a couple weeks ago. Maybe they have opened campgrounds since then?

3. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I've seen a trail (ST) up near the lake, do you know of any good ST right there?

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  4. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    I've never explored that area. Every time I drive by it reminds me that I need to. Might be a good time if all the roads and campgrounds right there are still closed.

Cyclotourist likes this.
  5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    There's a good route up there, parking at the top of MCR, Hwy 38 towards Jenks, then get on the forest service road to Poop Out Hill. Bag that, then take another road (there are a lot over there) to South Fork. I think it's Jenks Lake Rd. Then SART to your heart's content.

6. beartooth

beartooth Member

Name:
    rob
    Current Bike:
    process111
    the campgrounds in the area opened up last friday - Barton, San Gorgonio, and South Fork all have direct access to SART. Heart Bar is a bit further up but tends to be quieter. I went out to check on the Aspen grove sunday. Lots of new growth aspen along the creek since the fire. The rest of the area is still a moonscape.

ThomasF, mike, Cyclotourist and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?