Jackson Lake, Wrightwood and More - Sunday 4/17

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Cisco Roots, Apr 15, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 04-17-16
  1. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Martin @MTBSKI and I will be riding here on Sunday at 8:00 AM, roll by 8:15. Here are the details:

Our plan is to meet just east of South Fork Campground on the right side of the road on Big Rock Road, 34.408432, -117.822103

The route will be up Big Rock Creek Rd to Vincent Gap. From VC to Jackson Lake to Big Pine. Climb to Blue Ridge. From there, depending on time, endurance, and who's up for it, an option to descend Acorn and then back to Vincent Gap and down Manzanita.

Total distance should 25 to 35 miles and over 4k of climbing. Pace will be casual with plenty of opportunities to rest and recharge. Weather should be ideal for this ride, in the high 60's so if you're looking to escape the heat, this would be a good option.

Hope to see you there! Here's a general map of the area and route....

i-JT83SMk-XL.jpg

2. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    This sound really fun!! Usually don't ride sundays, but if you ever do this route again post up or send me a pm, have fun @Cisco Roots.

3. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    I got dizzy reading all the twists and turns. :gag:
    Should be a great ride. Especially without the deer hunters that were out en mass last time I was up there.
    Have fun

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Damn, that sounds sublime. Wish I could entertain.

TFPU, Cisco :thumbsup:

5. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Damn that sounds like fun. But, I've got wedding sh*t:(
    For you younger guys out there. DON"T DO IT. Your intelligent, thrifty, practical significant other will turn into one of those reality show house wives who think a banana costs $10 and she'll begin using the phrase "It's only another $2000 for XYZ." multiple times a day-for months on end.

Cisco Roots likes this.
  6. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    For sure, especially since you ride Trek! :D

7. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

My favorite! If I had a up to snuff bike I would be there, thats going to be a kick ass ride, love the back country of Manz! There is a small chance for a new bike tomorrow, not counting on it though.

Cisco Roots likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?