It’s here…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust29, Jun 1, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    The lockout is pretty locked out BTW (my spark 17')

Cyclotourist likes this.
  2. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I just did a pretty big XC ride with a friend of mine. He was on his Spark RC, I on my HT.

Yeah, I am sticking to the HT. He is a very skilled rider, also races Pro and I have ridden with him at Mammoth and Summit and can affirm that he is NOT a dirt roadie. He was struggling to make it through and over stuff on his Spark that I was doing on my HT. The bike is just too long. The small advantage he has in straight line speed on the DH just didn't make up for my bikes superior handling in tight situations. He was unclipping and walking so much stuff that I could ride though.

mike, Old&InTheWay, UPSed and 4 others like this.
  3. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    Back in 2018 I had a chance to test ride one of the Bold Bikes... I liked it, but I didn't buy one.

Bold Bike.jpg

I would like to test the TR version of the new Spark (against the Ranger, Spur, TB ect...)
    My current Spark RC kicks a$$ with a 34SC (120), and the 2018 Spark 900 was my bike of choice for the 2019 Kokopelli IMTB ride.
    I'll be the first one to admit that I like Scott short travel bikes. Now that my racing day are probably over, a short travel race/trail bike is the ultimate bike to have if I could only have one MTB.

Faust29, scan, Danimal and 8 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Talent - not bike. Your reputation speaks louder than your words.

Faust29, Sidewalk and mtnbikej like this.
  5. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I appreciate the compliment, but he really is a good rider. I will admit that a few times he unclipped out of self preservation where I am more of a send it *smack* type of person.

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I never noticed how skinny some of those sections on the lower Gabrielino are until I climbed it. Trying to keep your balance on a loose trail that's less than a foot wide on the edge of a cliff... :confused:

I'm pretty sure I can't blame my unclipping on the length of the bike... :oops: Although... My hardtail is about 3.5 inches longer than his Spark. :D

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?