Introduction

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by tbarnesarc, Jun 17, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    What up fellow two wheel riders. I figured I'd give a brief intro since I am rather new to this oh so fabulous site.

My name is Taylor Osborn who some call T-Wrex cough, cough Pherzalot but I use a handle on here some old friends may recognize and that is tbarnesarc. T=Taylor, Barnes=an old nickname common in surfing vernacular and arc=architecture because that (was and may be soon again my profession of choice).

I'm a Laguna Beach native and went through the entire school system from TOW to LBHS. Grew up as a skater, skimmer, surfer etc. Mountain biking came into my life around 2003 when I was living in SD. I started out riding Sycamore Cyn with a childhood friend who I use to chase for when he was racing in Baja.; 1600 class and then later a 12 car, hence you'll see my anal retentiveness about suspension.

Fast forward a few years later when I returned to Laguna to work as a designer where I really started to get into riding. Gary @sir crashalot was one of my first riding buddies He was on a Heckler I believe and I was on an Ironhorse Warrior? We still turn cranks now and again to this day.

About that same time frame I joined STR where I had my first online bromance with you guessed it...Pherz @herzalot who was cheating on me with @JohnnyGent. The rest is kind of history from then on. Johnny introduced me to Eddie, Esteban, Boffa and I also became friends with Dean aka P-line, Dell, Ken, Art, Stu, Nacho, Lynn, the Clinkenbeards, Tink, Jay420, Nam, Johhny Dirt and the list to freakin long to go on about. Moral of the story is the MTB community is awesome.

This is getting long winded so I'll wrap it up and fast forward again. I also dabble in photography, see here if you're interested. : http://www.to-vp.com/ I also cook ask many on here know and dabble in drone work as well which you can see here:

That's about it. Also, I suck at riding but who cares. It's fun! Thanks for having me on this awesome site. Hope everyone has some fun rides this weekend!

Cheers!
    Taylor

PATKOUG, Danimal, kioti and 6 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Welcome back to the fold @tbarnesarc Glad to see you are riding and stoked again after your on-again, off-again love affair with the sport over the past five years. Few people are as obsessed about riding and riding culture as I am, but you certainly have me beat.

(Waving Smiley)

tbarnesarc and Mikie like this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Welcome to imtbtrails my friend.
    Thanks for giving the nice intro.
    I get down that way from time to time just to make sure that @herzalot isnt getting into trouble with neighboring home owner associations.
    Hope we ride together soon!
    Mikie

kioti, herzalot and tbarnesarc like this.
  4. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Thanks and yeah you gotta keep that herz guy in check from time to time....:rolleyes:

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Welcome, Taylor!

Good to have another voice of experience on the boards :thumbsup:

Mikie and tbarnesarc like this.
  6. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Thanks @mike ! Appreciate it!

Also, there's a few typos in my intro. I started riding in 2003 not 2013. whoops! :sneaky:

Mikie and mike like this.
  7. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Yo T!
    Welcome to iMtbTrails. It's kind of a fun place, everyone says so!
    Been good riding with you, and we shall ride again soon too.

Mikie likes this.
  8. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Hey @Danimal! Thanks buddy! Been great riding again with you too!

Mikie likes this.
  9. CalEpic

CalEpic Member

Name:
    Craig
    Watch out for this guy. He slipped me a roofie last time we hung out.

Mikie, herzalot and Danimal like this.
  10. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Clinkle-toes, I should've known you were on here.... :rolleyes: @CalEpic

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?